MERGED ----> U2 by U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These are some teasers that U2.com is featuring:::::

l18.jpg

ok, can someone explain to me why there are 2 u2 by u2 books for sale on Play.com. One at 34.99, the other at 19.99. Does anyone know what the difference is apart from the author. I thought maybe the Neil McCormick one may be an older version perhaps not. Dunno.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone knew...:crazy:

there's a deluxe version coming out a little after the regular version comes out. i don't know the difference yet, but the speculated difference is that the deluxe version comes with a huge poster

btw, thanks everyone soo much for the pictures! <3

Last edited:
One is the regular, one is the deluxe.

And you don't have to pay more than about $20 for it, that's what some of us have paid for the copies we bought.

Chizip said:
thanks for the tip, kind sir

Double that :up:

I was a little grumpy earlier in my deluxe version price-complaining. U2 are a business, just as much as a musical entity. And sometimes I'm naive to that, maybe by choice.

The Achtung-era stuff looks great :up:

youvedonewhat said:
ok, can someone explain to me why there are 2 u2 by u2 books for sale on Play.com. One at 34.99, the other at 19.99. Does anyone know what the difference is apart from the author. I thought maybe the Neil McCormick one may be an older version perhaps not. Dunno.

I've heard that the deluxe edition includes a poster and an extra slip cover (not included with the normal edition). Other than that, no idea...

<--very happy that the price has gone down. Awesome!

Is anyone who already has this book counting the number of times the word “extraordinary” is used? I’m only in the second section and I swear it’s been used four or five times already. (I think only one of the times it was used by Bono)

pattip2000 said:
Is anyone who already has this book counting the number of times the word “extraordinary” is used? I’m only in the second section and I swear it’s been used four or five times already. (I think only one of the times it was used by Bono)

Yes. This book could have used a good text editor.

I've just read on @u2 that the release of the deluxe edition has been delayed due to production problems and won't be issued now until towards of the year.:confused: Looks as if the standard version should still be released by the end of the month though -lets keep fingers crossed.

pattip2000 said:

Sounds as though Bono's had a hand in writing the text! :lol: Now that would be 'extraordinary'!! :wink:

i'm sorry, i think i missed something
patti and all: how did you guys get the book so early? that's so cool! =) i went to tower today and they said they won't have it in stores until october 1st, and that it would be $31 (but tower had a 20% policy for all hardcovers, everyday!)

Back
Top Bottom