MERGED ----> Media Blitz for "U2 by U2" + Book Sigings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone heard anything else about the validity of this TV appearance schedule? It's looking more and more to be accurate, especially because we now know that they'll be in NY on the 26th, which is where those shows would be aired from. Can't wait til Tuesday.

Last time they did Good Morning America it was a closed set completely.

GMA.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i clicked the link and signed up... but i find it pretty crappy that i never got the e-mail despite actually being in the NYC area, while it seems like the only people who did get the e-mail live no where near here.

knowing u2.com they probably meant to send e-mails to people in the NYC tri-state area, but instead sent it to everyone else :mad:

I live 50 minutes from the city and got the email today, and yes it did say to be available on the 23rd. I entered, fingers crossed!

I got the email, and I live on Long Island. Did you all check your spam mail? That's where mine was.

Book Signing - Dublin

Hi,
Just wanted to say that I was one of the lucky ones at the book signing today and it was great and all but I have one gripe......
the fact that only 250 people got to get the book signed by the lads was in my opinion, unfair. There were people waiting outside Easons in the rain....not too many, maybe 200 or so, and to be fair they could and should have been let in for the signing. I've been present at other book signings in Easons where there were a lot more people allowed in.
Anyway, thats just my 2 cents.....it was an enjoyable day but unfair I think on the others who turned up.

I would have died if I waited and didn't get in.

But they do have to catch a plane for New Orleans for Monday night football and then on to NYC for the other signing. :|

I used to work for a book store and whenever we had a big name author or celeb signing, they were always very tightly controlled. People need to keep moving so everyone gets a turn--so I can see why they had limits. I'm surprized that they are even doing signings...but thats the cool thing about U2....always in touch with fans.... :)

I was outside in the rain, with all the fans hoping to see U2 when they came out and the boys used a different entrance, well on the fans were waiting in the pouring rain at their decoy cars. But I got within a couple of feet of all of them when they came in accept Larry, he just ran straight in :down:

And then we heard U2 had all gone to the Clearance, so we went and they were all in there except Larry. But I got to see Paul McGuinness when he went in, which was sorta cool.

I think they really shoulda let more than 250 people in, or at least come out to the 100-200 fans waiting outside in the rain to see them leave

Headache in a Suitcase said:
a question on book signing's in general... i've never been to one.

do you buy the book ahead of time? buy it there? buy it before going to get it signed? after getting it signed?

some info would be appreciated..

I believe you buy it there

Okay, back to the TV appearances... is Dateline shown on NBC or MSNBC (or both)? Because I looked it up on TiVo, and I'm not seeing any episodes airing on Tuesday. :huh:

Uhm, the people that had been waiting there for hours were let in (the side entrance). I was there at 6.45 and there were only about 5 people then. At around 11 there were about 30 people. They were all let in.

I never got any notice about this either

My second home is New York and I never got a notice about this either.

I am a paying memeber of u2.com and have not recieved any updates from u2.com since Zootician downgraded my account in March.

Even though I resubscribes I still have recieved ZERO updates from u2.com.

Back
Top Bottom