MERGED ---> Lola's U2 Tell-All + Lola is dangerous..+ Band's Stylist.. + Bono Exposed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonochick said:

Hi, jessie d...I see that you are new, and while I want to take this time to welcome you, I also want to let you know that we don't allow personal attacks at this board. If you disagree with somebody, please debate the issue in a civilized manner.

Thanks!

Apologies if you have taken offense. So..... you don't allow personal attacks on fellow fans but it's ok to slate others. It just seems a little unfair that's all.
Bono & co are where they are today because you, me and millions of others paid good money to buy their music. If someone goes out there and makes money out of U2 then I happen to think that's ok as long as they don't do any harm. No?

If you don't like the way the forum is run, you don't have to post. BC was warning you about being nasty to other forum posters. If we want to have a go at a public figure, that's a bit different. However, the mods here don't like to let that get too out of hand either.

You might want to read around the place to get a feel for it before you say too much more. Your last line shows me that you haven't been reading carefully enough. Go back and read this whole thread.

martha said:
If you don't like the way the forum is run, you don't have to post. BC was warning you about being nasty to other forum posters. If we want to have a go at a public figure, that's a bit different. However, the mods here don't like to let that get too out of hand either.

You might want to read around the place to get a feel for it before you say too much more. Your last line shows me that you haven't been reading carefully enough. Go back and read this whole thread.

Then I shall obey your wishes and not post. And for your information I did not criticise the way in which the forum is run.

And I don't appreciate the patronising tone in which you write.

This is my last post so don't bother responding as I won't be visiting again. Way too cliquey for me.

Apologies again.

Wow, that exchange was probably more interesting than the entire Cashman book :wink:

I love the band but I would totally sneak a peak if I ever ran across a copy. To curious not to, doesn't mean I'm not a 'true fan.'

Lola Cashman book

I know we discussed this book at length awhile back and the general consensus was that none of us would give this woman any of our money. I'm wondering if anyone broke down and bought it or read it out of curiousity ? I only ask because I found it really cheap somewhere and actually thought about getting it.:huh:
In my defense, I would never pay full price for it-but this was super cheap.:scratch: :confused:

Where is it cheap? How much? I've only seen it online with shipping and handling from England :no: I agree she doesn't deserve our money and that's probably why her book has not done well- the fans, her only audience, boycotted it! But if it's in the reject bin for $3.99 I'll take one just for the pics :huh:

U2Kitten said:
Where is it cheap? How much? I've only seen it online with shipping and handling from England :no: I agree she doesn't deserve our money and that's probably why her book has not done well- the fans, her only audience, boycotted it! But if it's in the reject bin for $3.99 I'll take one just for the pics :huh:

Actually, I think someone scanned the pics from the book and posted them here a long time ago :reject:

Most of them are really fuzzy and out of focus - I guess Ms. Cashman is as crappy a photographer as she is a writer :ohmy: :lmao:

No offense to the person who scanned them for us (sorry, I don't remember who it was :reject: ) We appreciate the scans :hug:

edit: found some of them
33%3A%3B7%3C8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232345%3B67%3C97%3Aot1lsi

33%3A%3B7%3C8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232345%3B67%3C97%3Bot1lsi

33%3A%3B7%3C8%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232345%3B67%3C983ot1lsi

Last edited:
Oh, thanks! I remember those, I had some of them on the old PC. Okay, I admit it, I'd like to read it, but I don't want her to get any money out of it :lol: So I'd probably buy it anyway :reject: But I will always keep in mind that the boys didn't like it and not believe everything she says!

The pictures in the book really are that bad. I have it:reject: I'm ashamed to say. It's a really poorly written book. I don't have time right now to go into all the things I hated about it (I'm leaving in about half an hour for the cottage), but tomorrow I will elucidate, if anyone's interested. Also, if anyone wants it, I'm happy to mail it to you. I would be glad to be rid of it. Just let me know.

U2Kitten said:

I saw it at a used book store here in the small little Connecticut town I live in.

I've never read it and probably won't think to get it (I don't think they even sell it anywhere in my area, anyway). I would love to hear the comments from those who do have it, though.

Also, as for the pictures...yeah, they're fuzzy, but hey, at least the guys look really good in them, so...there's one upside. :p.

Angela

Right, they do look good;)

Thanks biff! :wave: I just saw this, I'll get up with you :wave:

OK, I know this is an old thread to most of you, but I'm bored tonight and reading stuff I haven't previously, so here goes.

The book doesn't bother me in the least -- it doesn't seem to be particularly earth shattering, so big whoop. I'm not interested in buying or reading it, but I certainly won't condem anyone who chooses to buy/read it.

It's the attempted sale of the memorabilia that is disturbing to me. I don't see it as at all unusual that members of a band such as U2 would give someone in their entourage memorabilia, much of it signed. And I don't know about you, but when I give someone a gift, I consider it his or hers. Whatever he or she chooses to do with it is his or her business.

I can understand that the members of U2 might be disappointed that someone is selling off things she was given, but it seems to me to be both mean-spirited and heavy-handed to prevent the items from being sold. I mean she kept these things for 15 years before she tried to sell them...it's not at all inconceivable to me that she never thought she would ever sell them, but could be in need of cash. I have some rock memorabilia items that have been given to me that I fully plan to cherish forever...but in 10 or 15 years, if I'm hard up for cash, I'm not sure that I wouldn't sell them.

I've always believed that there was way more to the story about selling off the memorabilia than we ever heard. It is completely out of character for the band to be "mean-spirited" about something this minor. Having read the book, though, I think it is also obviously well within Cashman's character to distort what actually happened. She doesn't come across very well in this book, and it's her own book!

The_acrobat said:

LMAO! That bitch!!!!!
It's amazing that U2 were so popular then. Bono looked like a total idiot.

lol! God forbid that any of us might not have cared too much about that, liking the music instead!

:ohmy:

Bit strapped for cash were we then, Lola? Dear me.:(

Last edited:
valentina said:
I wish I could get "I was Bono doppelganger": that seems more funny!

Now that IS a good book. Had me in stitches. My housemate's nicked it!

Can't say I've been arsed reading Lola's book though!

Guilty. I bought the Cashman book. And although I'd be furious to have my privacy violated like that (it's a little embarrassing), it's not such a bad book.
Let's see. She reveals:

1. U2 likes to keep tight control on its image.
2. The band sometimes squabbles about things.
3. Adam's the odd man out.
4. There is a lot of jealousy about who gets access
to Bono in management, a lot of shunning, a lot
of bitchiness.
5. The band members have some insecurities.

The band is human. No surprise there. No horrible revelations. Much ado about nothing. Actually Bono on the whole is painted in quite a good light. There was a lot of affection in her descriptions of him and the book was pretty funny.

I usually find the only biographies worth reading are unauthorized. Why wouldn't I read it? I'm a voyeur at heart. I doubt that I'm the only one.

This book is not very well written at all. After borrowing it from a public library I found it largely a waste of time. It doesn't reveal a great amount about the band and is riddled with badly researched facts. I think she refers to the song "Exit" as "Hands Of Love" at one point. For those who are still interested, at least it's a short book (with big type), so it doesn't take too long to read.

Re: Bono Exposed?...New Unauthorized Book on U2!

"There would be marathon drinking sessions that ended at dawn. The band would spend all day in bed then get up and go on stage, even with hangovers.

Oh! My! God! You mean ALL night?!

I didn't think I could like this band anymore than I did, but now I do. : )

David

david said:
So it was her that told Bono to wear those stupid vests and dress like a pirate back in 1988.

What is so funny about your comment is how true it is!! Their clothes back then are what Achtoon Baby over on @U2 would refer to as "tragic choices."

I wouldn't dare buy this book. It seems U2 was suing Lola Cashman for some of their own memorablia...or something like it. I think she wrote this book to make money and to get even with the band for letting her go (she used to be their stylist.....you know). I wouldn't believe too much in this book as truth (maybe only bits and pieces...the rest made up). Check out the thread "U2 Books Worth Buying" for my list on what's great to read and go buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom