MERGED ----> Book Signing - NYC + Tuesday, NYC + NYC booksigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in Philadelphia and could probably be in the city by 7 if I got up at 4am. Since I had no idea about this book signing until today (and my copy won't arrive from Amazon until Wednesday - purchased over the weekend) is there any chance in hell that I could actually get a wristband??? Seems very unlikely.

Is there any consensus? Thanks all.

There are people on line.

I walked by there after work at about 6 p.m. and yes, there were 18 people on line, and there was a person with a list and there were numbers on people's hands. I may go back first thing in the morning, but there were nearly 20 people on that list at 6 p.m.

caragriff said:

I walked by there after work at about 6 p.m. and yes, there were 18 people on line, and there was a person with a list and there were numbers on people's hands. I may go back first thing in the morning, but there were nearly 20 people on that list at 6 p.m.

That's such a bummer. Even if I left now, I might not get there in time. Amazing. You even have to miss their superdome performance!

caragriff said:

Don't tell me I could've ran over after work, got a number and ran back tomorrow :angry:

do you think that if i dont get a wristband, would i be able to get into the store to get a peek at the band anyway?

Be getting the book pretty soon&can't wait :hyper: :hyper:

Saw it in the shop today&is that thing big or what? Almost as heavy as U2&i but not quite! :ohmy:

I have almost all of Them now!!!!! :happy: :rockon:

JCOSTER...you go girl! and give all of them a kiss from all of us.

JCOSTER said:

I am going!!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow! You've been a fan for so long, you deserve to get in! Please look for us...Sarah will be wearing jeans, a burgandy shirt, and a green "Bono hat." She'll also most likely have her hair in braids and bring her lucky party hat (that now says "U2 makes me dream out loud!") I'm a tiny blond and may be wearing a red and yellow/orange tie dyed shirt with a cross on it. Either that or a tank top with a dove and a peace sign...I haven't decided yet. We hope to see you there!

JC good luck to you!!! I really really really hope you meet them. I tried to respond to your e-mail but for soem reason mine didn't go through.

I'll be thinking about you all day! Let us know every little detail!

Incase you read this b/f you go....black jeans, sneaks, yellow t with the flying hearts on it short blond long hair see you!!

circa1992 said:

Good luck tomorrow! You've been a fan for so long, you deserve to get in! Please look for us...Sarah will be wearing jeans, a burgandy shirt, and a green "Bono hat." She'll also most likely have her hair in braids and bring her lucky party hat (that now says "U2 makes me dream out loud!") I'm a tiny blond and may be wearing a red and yellow/orange tie dyed shirt with a cross on it. Either that or a tank top with a dove and a peace sign...I haven't decided yet. We hope to see you there!

caragriff said:
UPDATE - it is midnight in NYC and there are 112 people on line outside the Union Square Barnes & Noble.
I think there will be a good amount of people who won the U2.com contest who won't be able to get to NY (anywhere from 25-50) and that more than these 112 lucky fans will get in.

NYC

Another friend went down to the store at about 1am- and is #118 in line. He is hoping that more than the stated 100 are let in- I think he has a great chance. No harm, no foul- and he will be right there for the action either way. Turns out my 1st friend is #8- only a few hours to go...!

DPrinceNY said:
Thats insane, to think its not even a show or anything. I guess seeing the band upclose makes it all worth while.

As big a fan as I am, even I have limits :crazy:

Headache in a Suitcase is in... just got an email from his phone.

'they let in only 100 on top of the u2.com winners... lots of autograph scalpers got in, many real fans who waited all night were shut out. i got here at 730 last night and barely got in. u2 expected between noon and one'

Back
Top Bottom