MERGED ----> Book Signing - NYC + Tuesday, NYC + NYC booksigning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We got in!!! I hope to see some of you all there, and I'm praying that they let in some of the fans that didn't get lucky with the contest!

circa1992 said:
We got in!!! I hope to see some of you all there, and I'm praying that they let in some of the fans that didn't get lucky with the contest!

Sarah, hope to see you there, I'm going even though I didn't get in!!!!

Did they where it is?

No invite for me either. :sad: Oh well. Don't think I am going to go and wait for one at the door, too much work to have to do an overnight thing, I'll catch 'em in Hawaii. :wink:

JCOSTER said:

Sarah, hope to see you there, I'm going even though I didn't get in!!!!

Did they where it is?

I'm Liz, Sarah's Mom. :wave: This actually was my account first, but she stole it! :wink: They haven't given us any details yet...I can't wait until sarah finds out!

circa1992 said:
Curious...are you able to log onto Zootopia and post there today??? Or have they blocked you from signing on?

westendgirl said:
Curious...are you able to log onto Zootopia and post there today??? Or have they blocked you from signing on?
Um, I haven't tried.:reject: I've never really been on there.

circa1992 said:

Um, I haven't tried.:reject: I've never really been on there.

this is my first time posting on interference...
i think i just got blocked off u2.com...i didn't win but we were all discussing where the signing might take place and *whack*...i can't post any more...

JCOSTER said:
Union Square!!!!! I called them on Friday. They had no info...

Please keep us posted. Thank you!!!

I work in Union Square & frequent that B&N... but alas if I don't get in invite, I won't go over... I gather its one of those things where if you're not there in the wee hours of the AM to que you have no shot and the last time I pulled an all-nighter for U2 was in 1987 for Joshua Tree tickets... bummer. My yahoo is delayed so I am still waiting to see if I am lucky

tbird said:

I work in Union Square & frequent that B&N... but alas if I don't get in invite, I won't go over... I gather its one of those things where if you're not there in the wee hours of the AM to que you have no shot and the last time I pulled an all-nighter for U2 was in 1987 for Joshua Tree tickets... bummer. My yahoo is delayed so I am still waiting to see if I am lucky

You know I'm not getting any younger to do these things...so I'm going for it!!!! :wink:

katiebu21 said:
^^Good Luck JCoster!! Maybe I'll meet some of you there, I didn't get the invite but I still have plans to go.

I guess we'll have to be yelling out "anyone from interference!!!!"

Headache, I'm going to go to where ever it is, I'm still not sure about Union Square. Whenever its a sure thing I'll be there.

Come and meet some us!!!

tbird said:

i work right in that area, too, tbird :) i'm a little closer to nyu than union square, though.

i doubt that i will wait outside, either. i just got the "reject" email from u2.com. it will be hard to stay away, though, if they are so close - oh well, we'll see what develops......

I'm all the way across town on the upper west side :| Unless youtwohearts and I won, which we didn't than most likely no can do, I have to work :mad:

I wish they would announce something like they did in London (like the first people to get there in the morning can get in too).

So, did only tri-staters win?

Congrats to everyone who got in. :)

caragriff said:

i work right in that area, too, tbird :) i'm a little closer to nyu than union square, though.

i doubt that i will wait outside, either. i just got the "reject" email from u2.com. it will be hard to stay away, though, if they are so close - oh well, we'll see what develops......

at least you got your mail... I wish mine would show up already - good or bad - I've just been distracted all day...

Has anyone heard of any radio station contests in NYC for a book signing wristband? There will be 250 given out at 9am tomorrow...150 to u2.com members. So, that leaves 100 wristbands to be had. I heard from the other signings they gave away 100 on radio station contests but I haven't heard that for NYC. The signing begins at 1pm. I found this out simply by using a piece of technology called the telephone. I dialed 11 numbers and the next thing I know I was talking to someone inside the Union Station Barnes & Noble who shared this information. If I got in line at 9pm tonight or are their 99 other crazy fans already there? So, can someone go down there and tell me if a line has formed yet? Thanks.

dwaltman said:
Has anyone heard of any radio station contests in NYC for a book signing wristband?

I contacted just about every big radio station in the city and none of them know anything about it. At least, they didn't admit to knowing anything about it.

dwaltman said:
Has anyone heard of any radio station contests in NYC for a book signing wristband? There will be 250 given out at 9am tomorrow...150 to u2.com members. So, that leaves 100 wristbands to be had. I heard from the other signings they gave away 100 on radio station contests but I haven't heard that for NYC. The signing begins at 1pm. I found this out simply by using a piece of technology called the telephone. I dialed 11 numbers and the next thing I know I was talking to someone inside the Union Station Barnes & Noble who shared this information. If I got in line at 9pm tonight or are their 99 other crazy fans already there? So, can someone go down there and tell me if a line has formed yet? Thanks.

That area is pretty heavily policed... not sure you could line up starting tonite...and it's not even been confirmed that there are 100 extra spot right? Where did you hear that?

tbird said:

That area is pretty heavily policed... not sure you could line up starting tonite...and it's not even been confirmed that there are 100 extra spot right? Where did you hear that?

As I said in the previous post, an employee at the Union Station B&N told me that 250 wristbands will be handed out. I asked if that was in addition to the u2.com winners and she said that was the total number. So that leaves 100 wristbands. So either they are going to a)radio station winners (but this seems unlikey according the another post), b) well-connected fans to B&N or whoever is the wristband keeper, or c) those getting in line early. She told me they would begin distribution at 9am...book signing at 1pm.

Thanks for sharing the info

But are you sure you mean union station? Do you mean union square?
Isn't union station in D.C.?

hmm... wonder if its worth asking what the policy/procedure is for lining up ??

Back
Top Bottom