MERGED ----> Anyone read U2: SHOW? + U2 Show: To Buy or Not To Buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, I'm 90% done with it. Great read, but I thought the pics were awesome. Lots of great photos from every tour.

Got it for Christmas from a buddy who loves me soooo much!! :hug: :D

Have looked through the photos on several occasions now :drool: :drool:, but haven't taken the time to actually read the book yet. That'll come later this year after I've seen them live again & am coming down from the shows. :sad: :giggle:

BluRmGrl said:
Have looked through the photos on several occasions now :drool: :drool:, but haven't taken the time to actually read the book yet. That'll come later this year after I've seen them live again & am coming down from the shows. :sad: :giggle:

I got it for my b-day.The pics are great, (see Popmart,pages 148 - 151),and there are lots of qoutes by Bono,Larry,Adam and Edge and interviews with staff,light directors,stage designers etc.
It's really a great book.

I haven't read all of it yet. I'm sort of "saving" it for the summer, even though I've had it since about January.

The Penguin Book Group just had a huge book sale in my area. Most of it was popular fiction and other crap, but I found a copy of this book for $4. Made an hour of sorting through books well worth it!

Yes, There's several different stories from the management, agents, tour management, different areas of the show personnel,
wardrobe, band crew, promoters, media, charity shows and U2's
friends ... these are well written stories too.
Great reading ... and rather interesting !! :applaud:
As for the show photos ... some are pretty good ... few are amazing ... and others are just average with nothing to write home about. Overall, it's just a GOOD photo book ... :up:
Now, I find Anton Corbijn's book ... U2 & I: The Photographs 1982-2004 ... WOW, absolutely incredible !!
The photos in this book truly capture you and do NOT let go !!
:drool: I think Anton's book IS alot better with photographs than U2 Show ... U2 Show is more of a good read with the stories than
most of those average photos ...

Adam'sbaby said:

I already have U2&I:drool:

(sorry, don't mean to brag........)

Oh, Go ahead ... and brag about it !! :giggle: I have it too !! :up:
It's that GREAT isn't it ?? :drool:
Do you have U2 Show though ?? :shrug:
Like I said earlier, U2 Show is GREAT for the stories inside the book ... but the photos ??:hmm:
I think "U2 & I" puts "U2 Show" to rest !! :yes:

It's on my coffee table as we speak ... I have never read it straight through, but I have probably read just about everything from all the times I've picked it up and read random parts ... great pix and great writing. A must have!

MsMofoGone said:

Oh, Go ahead ... and brag about it !! :giggle: I have it too !! :up:
It's that GREAT isn't it ?? :drool:
Do you have U2 Show though ?? :shrug:
Like I said earlier, U2 Show is GREAT for the stories inside the book ... but the photos ??:hmm:
I think "U2 & I" puts "U2 Show" to rest !! :yes:

Yes, I have U2 Show too. And I agree with you on this one. U2 Show is for the stories it has, and U2&I for the pictures.:up:

U2 Show: To buy or not to buy?

I've been thinking of slapping down the cash to get this tome. Is it worth it, or is it just stuff I could find on the net anyway?

I bought a copy before the tour started. But then after I bought it, I was like, "well they're going to update it anyway, so why did I buy it?"

But the stories and pictures are very good.

I saw it and I wanted to buy it, but I didn't have any money on me. :sad: I looked through it and it looked pretty interesting. Go for it. :up:

I really enjoyed it myself, I thought it was fascinating to read about how a U2 show is created. Plus it has some cool pictures. I found out a lot I didn't know... like I knew ZooTV and Popmart were innovative, but I didn't realize HOW innovative til I read U2 Show. They were truly groundbreaking :bow:

Plus I now know the names of U2's crew :D

Isn't it like 90 bucks? Personally, whenever I go to Barnes and Noble, I pull it out and look through it. I don't see why you'd spend so much money (that could be better spent on concert tix or something:drool: ) on a book you could just browse through at the bookstore. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom