'Me and U2' by Cathal McCarron

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVIN051269

Refugee
I met Cathal in a Barcelona pub the night before the opening 360 Tour show and a quite sober Irish man and a rather drunken English man had a bit of chat about the upcoming shows and how me must meet up at (my) next shows in Zagreb. Cathal had to leave the bar relatively early to wash his hair or something and on his departure he thrust into my hands a book.
Its very rare that I visit this section of Interference but during a particularly boring day at work – I did - and found that this little gem of a book was not mentioned anywhere.
I know Cathal is a bit shy when it comes to selling his book (he loves giving it away mind) so in a bit of shameless promotion I have decided to do a little write up of it. Hope you don’t mind Cathal – and if you do, tough!

‘MeandU2’ is an account of Cathals, at times interesting, personal life set to the backdrop of his love affair with U2s music.
For all you fans who have ever disliked an album, loved a single, struggled to get a ticket, camped outside an arena, worn out favourite videotapes or simply just sometimes get lost in the music, this book will have at least one reference that will get you saying ‘That could have been me!’ and yes, it could have been you (or me).
If you buy ‘Me and U2’ expecting some sort of insider insight into the bands life and thoughts you may well be disappointed. If however you want to read a fans account of his life enriched by a soundtrack of U2s music you may well find yourself really enjoying this book!

Shameless plug no.2 heres his website Me And U2 .

USA he’s coming to a stadium near you soon. Say ‘Hello’ and you never know you may be in the follow up!

Ps. Cathal if you ever want to use my Bono Prague story my lawyers are watching:wink:

Cathal's going to join us at the Oct 3rd Raleigh show - he sounds like a really cool guy. I can't wait to meet him & hear some of his stories. (Having been forewarned that he if starts going on about "Bono" and "Prague" that he'll be lifting it from you, Kevin. :laugh: )

Thanks for the recommendation, BTW. :up:

go guys, buy the book, a TENNER is nothing for something like this, its honest and self made ... bought the book in dublin, and saw him several times, wish him the time of his life during his time in the usa these months ... see ya again in europe ..

I met Cathal at the Interference gathering in Foxboro and had a chance to chat more at the Giants show..He's a down to earth, very sweet guy.

I spoke with kassandra yesterday right after SHE met Bono !!!!!!! <---- she was floating on air - and she also put Cathal on the phone. HE WAS ECSTATIC, and said Bono told him he would 'check it out'.

I have his book, also, but have not read it yet..

KEVIN 051269 - :hi5::applaud:
Very good of you to get this thread up for him.

Cathal got to personally hand a copy of his book to Bono in Houston yesterday.

:applaud:

:applaud: Joanne and I were with Cathal! We were waiting in the nasty heat chatting when Bono arrived. We were able to stand behind a fence so Bono got to everyone, he signed my ticket, chatted, and the best moment was when Cathal was able to give him his book! Bono signed one and Cathal told him he was from Derry (he added Ireland as if Bono wouldn't know that!) and that he wrote the book. Bono was surprised, gave him a great handshake and took the book. Cathal was elated, he was shaking afterwards (so were we!!)

I bet that was quite a thrill for him. Anyone get a pic of it?

If anyone has pictures please post them, we were all camera deficient.

Cathal got to personally hand a copy of his book to Bono in Houston yesterday.

:applaud:

:hyper: I got a text from him about the time I pulled into my driveway last night saying he'd finally gotten to speak with Bono. :cute: I couldn't wait to tell Kelly - I'm as excited for Cathal as if I'd gotten to talk to B myself. :applaud:

Cathal was kind enough to give me a copy of his book for giving him a ride from Charlottesville to Raleigh & I have to say that I love it! I'm hoping that all his experiences from this tour will generate enough material for another book - I'd gladly buy it! :yes: :love:

I met Cathal in Phoenix outside the GA line. I bought his book and he signed it for me. Really nice guy. It's great to read he was able to personally give a copy of his book to Bono. I am enjoying the book and can't wait to pass it a long to a friend who is a big U2 fan and grew up in Ireland.

Just to let everyone know that you can download Cathals book for free here

Me and U2: Freebies

There is an option to donate to a charity if you so wish.....

So the optional charity donation is for a school called the Good Child Foundation. It's a school that provides integrated education for children with Downs Syndrome in Thailand.

The requested donation is 99p, and for this you will get an MP3 of the kids singing 'I Just Can't Get Enough' by Depeche Mode. You can buy the MP3 at this page in iTunes. An ebook and an MP3 for 99p ain't bad! It's just been released today, and the aim is to get it to number 1 in the UK download chart next Sunday.

I met Cathal in Phoenix outside the GA line. I bought his book and he signed it for me. Really nice guy. It's great to read he was able to personally give a copy of his book to Bono. I am enjoying the book and can't wait to pass it a long to a friend who is a big U2 fan and grew up in Ireland.

Ah...back in the day he was a nice clean cut lad, before the hippy phase. :lol:

Proud to be immortalized. I would be the "Lori-Jo" of lore. And also one of the "peer-pressuring beer-swilling Canucks" mentioned in Seattle. Along with Northern Soul ;0

Back
Top Bottom