Into the Heart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alannahvox

Acrobat
The book contains the story behind every U2 song, including B-sides, songs from soundtracks etc.

I have it, but have only read the first page.

Any else got it? Opinions?

I don't have it, but I've read the post-Elevation version. As far as explaining lyrics, it was kind of disappointing, but mostly because Bono would always say "this song means many things" or "I can't really remember what specifically it's about". However, I found that Stokes did a great job providing broader historical and cultural contexts that may have influenced the band at certain times. Also, it seemed like he really did his research. It wasn't a re-hashing of stuff we've already read, like a lot of the "Bono biographies" are.

I saw a copy of this book in a used bookstore in the town I'm visiting for $12. I couldn't decide whether or not to get it. It had some nice pictures, but I wasn't terribly impressed by the song explanations, either.

i was flipping through it, and it was more focused on the history and the "making of the song" and what went on in the studio and what influenced the song more than a decipherage of the lyrics, but it was an interesting read. very informative =)

Back
Top Bottom