Hey people!! Check out this new book...it's HOT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueGALchick

The Fly
:yes: :yes: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Interested in Irish History? I loved reading it! Pick up "Hannah's Journey" Today!

Click here to order the book! :)

(REVIEWS:)

Intriguing!
Ashley
New Jersey (6/10/2004) The authentic writing of the novel makes the reader feel like they witness the chain of events that actually occurs under the conditions of the time. A fictitious but remarkable depiction of the trials and tribulations of an Irish family during the middle 19th century. The story illustrates the collective consciousness of oppressed Irish society and their desire for peace, happiness, and freedom from the political and religious tyranny of England. The story commences with Hannah Rose, a young woman almost twenty years old, enduring frustration and devastation as she discovers that she is not granted a small piece of land she rightfully owns due to the selfishness and corruption of powerful entities. What truly is remarkable about the novel is that when immense tribulation occurs, preseverance, compassion, and hope remain close to Hannah's heart. Hannah develops a desire to pursue the dreams for justice, hope, and prosperity by traveling to America, a land of independence and opportunities. Her husband, Seamus, is opposed to the notion and prefers to settle for what exists in Ireland. But the optimistic and courageous Hannha is more than willing to commit to a challenge, to allow her two children, Fergus and Bridget to grow up in a more constructive environment and acquire better opportunities. Eventually, Seamus is convinced and becomes enthusiastic about departing for America. Unfortunately, plans swing far from simple when everyone misses the month-long cruise from Liverpol to New York along with a roller-coaster of unexpected twists and turns occuring amidst their journey... Hannah's Journey is powerfully written by a very talented and gifted writier. Several powerful elements enhance the reader's experience of Hannah's Journey: the characters, the circumstances, their tribulations, dialogues, and the compelling desire to flee to a land of freedom and opportunity align superbly with the actual desires of many immigrants at the time. The novel is insightful, and informative, revealing the impact and outcome of the dire animosity between Ireland and England on its individual citizens.

Hannah's Journey
Marian
New York, New York (5/23/2004) The author's easy style and moving prose inspires the reader to finish the journey. Subway and commuting train riders especially should find the writer's clarity and continuity compelling. Looking forward to sequel.

Hannah's Journey
Barbara
Boca Raton, Fl. (5/1/2004) Author shows real talent, love the way she weaves her characters in the story, the suspence is beautifuly handled. I look forward to the rest of the trilegy. For a frist time author I am looking forward to many more books by Mary Twitty.

Hannah's Journey
Joan
Washington (4/24/2004) Mary, this was a thumping good read!! You really did your background homework. Hannah reminds me of you: a can-do woman! I look forward to reading your next novel. Joan

Hannah's Journey
judithreidel
New york/USA (4/13/2004) I could not put this book down and I don't read fiction..but this was a great story and exciting I could'nt wait to finish it..I'm looking forward to the next one..

Hannah's Journey
judithreidel
New york/USA (4/13/2004) I could not put this book down and I don't read fiction..but this was a great story and exciting I could'nt wait to finish it..I can't wait for next one

Click here to check out MORE awesome reviews:
Hannah's Journey

DaveC said:
AD ALERT. :rolleyes:

Normally I would think so, if the person was a new member, but since BlueGal's other posts dont suggest advertising perhaps she is just really excited about the book.

Back
Top Bottom