Flanagan's bible part II??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemonboy

Refugee
Reading about the new and how múch Bill Flanagan praised it got me thinking wouldn't it have been great to have a book like "U2 at the end of the world" from every album recording sessions and tour??

At first thought I loved the idea because I loved the book basically....but then it got me thinking...maybe it would take the magic away is some sense..

What's your ideas, opinions and standpoints(is that even a word:lol:)??

I don't know. I love that book. It's so much fun to read about all the behind the scences stuff. I think part of why it's so great, IMO, is that it's not just the usual biography. If we had it for every tour, it may not be so special.

Just realized I'm late for work.

I just finished reading his book for the 2nd time, and loved it again. I suppose it might get old if there were more books ---but I doubt it!

But if they made a book now, it wouldn't be as exciting. 12 years have passed since Zoo TV, and now they are somewhat older. Bono's family is with him on tour most of the time, and he probably doesn't go running from bar to bar until 10am anymore. So while a biography would still be interesting, it would be quite different from Flanagan's bible.

I read somewhere quite a while ago that Bill Flanagan went with them on the Elevation Tour. It got me to thinking about WHY he would have done that, unless he was thinking about writing another book.

Every U2 song has different meanings: the one the band intended and the one (ore more) that it has for you

It's interesting to know what the songs represent for the band, but this doesn't take away the magical feelings you feel everytime you hear the songs!

A great, great book... and I can't say I wouldn't say no to another U2 book by Bill... but I don't know - maybe it would take away something of the first... :shrug:

I think it would be great for Bill Flanagan to tour with U2 again, and write another book about it. Of course we're not going to see the band doing exactly the same things that they did during The Zoo TV tour, but we'll see where they are now.

Bill Flanagan is a brilliant writer and I think he'll impart the same feeling of being right there with the band this time around, too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom