BP Fallon's "U2 - Far Away, So Close"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I was wondering if anybody here has read BP Fallon's "U2 - Far Away, So Close"? I want to buy it but I also want to know what everybody thinks of it and how good is it. Thanks. :wave:

Thanks for the help Marty, but the review says the book is out of print. :( I'm still going to look for it anyway. :)

Does the book have good stories about U2? It can't possibily be better than the great At The End Of The World.

I was able to buy a copy through Amazon, even though it is out of print. I had no problem. The book really compliments the Flanagan book, as Flanagan and Fallon were both on the same tour, and tell some of the same stories from a different perspective. Fallon also has some original stories of his own. He was arguably closer to the band (especially Bono) than was Flanagan, and you can tell from a couple of particularly interesting anecdotes (one involving a visit to a live sex show, no less!)
He also managed to get some really great pics, something Flanagan's book was a bit weak on.
All in all, I think you need to have this book.

Maybe he'll come back from New York with a copy (and tons of other great stuff as well). Hope he's having a wonderful time.

can't remember that sex shop story... :scratch:
is it possible that it's not part of the French version I have ?
can someone tell me this anecdote ?... maybe I just forgot it ! :huh:

It wasn't a sex shop story, but a sex show one. Can't remember the details though, but I'll look it up. :)

B.P. went with Edge and Bono to watch a live sex show in Hamburg, on the notorius Reeperbahn. It was, hilariously, set to the music of The Phantom of the Opera, with the two "performers" in costume and lip-sincing to the soundtrack, while at the same time having sex on stage. Edge asks, "Is this sick?" to which Bono replies, "Yes, but there MUST be something interesting about it. I mean, we're still here. Aren't we?"
It's a really fun book, with, as Marty says, great "snapshots" of the band.

biff said:
B.P. went with Edge and Bono to watch a live sex show in Hamburg, on the notorius Reeperbahn. It was, hilariously, set to the music of The Phantom of the Opera, with the two "performers" in costume and lip-sincing to the soundtrack, while at the same time having sex on stage. Edge asks, "Is this sick?" to which Bono replies, "Yes, but there MUST be something interesting about it. I mean, we're still here. Aren't we?"

eeewww

Yes, you really should. They compliment each other well, with stories of many of the same events told from a different angle, but with WAY more pictures.

Back
Top Bottom