a list of comings and goings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
i want to cough this lead out of me
it weighs me down and droops my eyes
phlegm is sticky until you let it dry on your palm
she hands me barley soup in a wooden bowl
i want to cough this sorry out of my body
it makes me want to sink right into the mattress
and chases my friends away with their jokes
the rock sugar dissolves in my soup and leaves
such a gritty taste. pandan leaves are for wrapping
and flavouring, so crack its leaves and let the juice flow
monsoon rains continue on, the droplets run into my nostrils
pluck the flowers and herbs. let the crockpot smash. heave.

-----

let's see. what have i been reading these days. why do i have to read so many at one time, i can't kick this habit.
conversations about the end of time, inc interviews with umberto eco and stephen jay gould - who's got this one?
laughter in the dark - by none other than my favourite forgetful romantic, vladimir nabokov.
http://www.kakiseni.com/
just finished walk on the spiritual journey of u2 which i thought was fantastic except for one sentence where he says "we need bono". my friend is actually thinking of becoming a christian because of u2. rock on, brader.
various stuff on john cage
just acquired a book of drawings by yoshitomo nara who makes magic out of receipts and hotel bills.

contribute to this list?

f.

I haven't read anything all that interesting in a while, although I am looking forward to the latest Paullina Simons. I'm still attempting to finish a book called The Almighty by Irving Wallace. Still to get halfway through The Laws Of Our Fathers by Scott Turow. Last completed read was Sons Of Fortune by my much liked Jeffrey Archer. And one day, probably around March 2006 I hope to read one I gave my dad for xmas but 'borrowed' almost straight away is called The Murder Book. Can't remember the author, but it looks good and is just one of those crime fiction jobs.

Back
Top Bottom