ZooTV Sydney and PopMart Mexico DVD tree!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2_POPMARTMEXICO-143.jpg

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-150.jpg

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-158.jpg

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-163.jpg

U2_POPMARTMEXICO-168.jpg

Hopefully that's enough. :reject:

Too late to get in on the Complete Popmart DVD? :wink:

I'm kinda new to the whole trading thing so i'm just trying to get a decent collection going so i can trade! :wink:

ronanmckinless@gmail.com

Based in Ireland, so you know...

i couold be a branch of an european tree for Sydney dvd, is there anyone from europe who can send 1 copy to me (B&P)?
thanks for replies

Last edited:
Chrisedge said:
Well, I guess I need to finish the "Definative Verison" of Sydney soon so we can share that. Complete PPV from SVHS master including TTTYAATW and the confessionals.

any progress on this?

Speed, I just got the DVD from someone that mentioned a lineage of SVHS>Hi8>DVD. I haven't looked at it yet (it is the japanese version) but I imagine it's yours. Did you do menus? or is it a standalone?

Let me know...(Thanks for the offer)

Chrisedge said:
Speed, I just got the DVD from someone that mentioned a lineage of SVHS>Hi8>DVD. I haven't looked at it yet (it is the japanese version) but I imagine it's yours. Did you do menus? or is it a standalone?

Let me know...(Thanks for the offer)

Hi Chrisedge,

Sorry i hadn't gotten a hold of you proper :banghead: , but glad it made its way to you despite my lackluster follow-up.

Lineage was posted in a "child" thread to this one titled "Zoo Sydney Japanese Broadcast DVD Offer", but here it is below...

It is a bare bones, not quite Superbit-esque, focus on the show and the music and get it out affair. Perhaps someday, a snazzy menu version might get made, but not likely for a while...

In any case, since i have your attention, i just want to give you a sincere "thank you" for your selfless efforts in capruting AND sharing shows. It is that which is one of the main reasons that motivated me to try to give something back. And based on my limited experiences afterward and resulting threads n this, the spirit runs in many others.

My usual longwindedness, but in short, for those of short attention span (probably stopped reading long ago: )...

BTW, it is not SVHS>Hi-8>DVD, but rather Hi8 master > DVD. S-video is the connection type (as opposed to composite) between the sat receiver and Hi-8 deck, not another generation. Sorry for the confusion. :banghead:
gory details below...

5speedracer5 said:
Additional thanks out to Prof_P and u2music, as well as Neutral, for sharing the love on this and related threads (and to everyone else sharing, too). Love to encourage trading over B&P, as it helps make accessible more shows to all and wider availability to our community helps reduce usefulness to those shady sites that try to profit off distributing, rather than enjoy by sharing these :wink:

Thanks also out to the people who traded this already. Due to your help, i have built up enough U2 to feed my fix (necessary supplements and vitamins not covered by the commercial releases) for a while and am greatly enjoying reliving the many eras of U2, again...
:drunk:

oh yes, for the record, here are lineage notes (corrected version) for your records...share and enjoy!

** NOTE: This is NEVER to be sold and only to be shared with other U2 fans of insatiable appetite. Bon Apetit! **

U2
ZooTV tour - live in Sydney Australia <<1993 Japanese Broadcast WOWOW mix>>
1993-11-27

Lineage:
Satellite Broadcast (analog sat WOWOW channel, actually better than many digital satellite broadcasts where the bitrate is low to cram as many channels as possible)

--S-video--> Hi-8 (master, SP mode)
--composite--> standalone DVD
(DMR-E85HS SP (hardware 1-pass CBR MPEG encoding, chapters added), minimal menu)

ummm...anonymous (nudge, nudge, :sexywink: :sexywink: you know what i mean) comments from the provider of this version to the community, who can't get enough after buying the official releases...

Though i haven't done a complete comparison, things in this Japanese satellite broadcast version, which originally aired in 1993 by Japanese BS satellite service WOWOW and the later video release in 1994, differ in at least the following ways...

a) Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World is included after Numb, before Angel of Harlem. Have read theories on why this was not included and can't comment (refer to h t t p :// w ww. u2faqs.co m/videography/#8 ...delete spaces to follow URL)

b) editing is quite different with many shots (40% or so?) using different camera angles than that of the video. This broadcast (93) was done before the video (94) and editing is credited only to Dave Gardener, whereas the video release is credited to Tim Waddell, Dave Gardener, Bruce McKenna, so i am guessing they edited from DG's original version adding some video FX and other camera angles.

Overall, IMO a tad less frenetic feel. Interesting to watch them side by side and then the differences are obvious. Suggest you play it back on 2 TVs/PCs with the other version for full virtual ZOOtv effect and enjoyment.
:rolleyes:

c) while Bono is channel surfing, you see some programs which are cut in the video. Other speech bits may vary. (Confessional?)

d) to meet broadcast time slot of 120 min, there is basically no intro (4 minutes shorter) starting almost immediately with Zoo Station. The end credits roll over the last song.

e) when Bono speaks between songs, there are Japanese subtitles

Setlist (Chapter Markers)
1) intro
2) Zoo Station
3) The Fly
4) (talk...Switching channels)
5) Even Better Than The Real Thing
6) Mysterious Ways
7) One
8) Unchained Melody
9) New Year's Day
10) Until The End Of The World
11) New Year's Day
12) Numb
13) Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
14) Angel Of Harlem
15) Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
16) Satellite of Love
17) Dirty Day
18) Bullet The Blue Sky
19) Running To Stand Still
20) Where The Streets Have No Name
21) Pride (In The Name Of Love)
22) interlude
23) Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
24) MacPhisto speak
25) Lemon
26) With Or Without You
27) Love Is Blindness
28) Can't Help Falling In Love

** NOTE: This is NEVER to be sold and only to be shared with other U2 fans of insatiable appetite. Bon Apetit!

Last edited:
I also recieved my Sydney & Mexico DVDs 2 days ago. Very pleased.

Quick questions if anyone can field. Why in UTTEOTW are there guitar dropouts from the Edge, and in NYD he has other big problems with the mix (it is very low, and explains Bono scatting the solo).

I ask this because I had Zoo Sydney on my PC already and in that version these things are cleared up. I thought both were copied from the tape?'

Oh and Mexico is great, just a shame my two favourite bits, the jump by the Edge at the beginning of Gone, and the camera work during the 'Boom-cha's' in Disco are gone.

No worries I'm still satisfied!

Hello i too would love copies of these 2 shows and am also willing to burn copies for anyone who wants them. Have also many other DVD shows to trade.
thanks in advance. Please email if you can help

norvell@babehardy.fsnet.co.uk

:ohmy:

I'm new to the whole copying and trading thing and don't have much to offer at this point (the two San Diego Vertigo shows is about it), but if anyone would be kind enough to send me copies of either of these shows, I'd gladly burn copies for others.

Ye ol' e-mail: EidolonBird at gmail.com

I wonder if anyone would be willing to send me a copy of the PopMart Mexico DVD. All I can offer is B&P, sorry!!!

svsilvia at telefonica.net

Thanks so very much in advance!!!

I'd love a copy of the PopMart Mexico DVD......anyone feeling generous? I'm happy do a B&P if this suits and I'll offer to burn some FREE copies.
I've also got stuff to trade.

Please email me at......
jimali20@hotmail.co.uk

I would LOVE a copy of these shows, however I am new to trading and don't have anything but audios. I promise I will burn copies for others, and will send B&P. I would like to start trading but need something to start with. :) Thanks.

My email is annej52002@yahoo.com

pookybear said:
Hi, was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to burn me a copy of PopMart Mexico on DVD. I can send B&P. I don't have much to offer for trade, though I do have the ZooTV Japanese broadcast version if you'd like that. My e-mail is bluemoon185@hotmail.com. Thanks so much! :)

Pleeeaase?? I'm also willing to burn copies for people who want them. Let's keep this tree going. :)

Last edited:
can anyone help me out with the sydney show? i don't have anything to trade, but i can send a few blanks to whomever.

thanks so much guys! - scott

- bonovoxkite @yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom