Zooropa tour bootleg question - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Still Haven't Found What You're Looking For? > All I Want Is U2
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2003, 11:56 AM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Zooropa tour bootleg question

I have a copy of the 8/11/93 Wembley show. I was looking at the reviews of this recording on FLOM and I see there are two different recordings of the show. One review gives a very good rating and the other review of the "Wembley Nights" cd gives it an exceptional review. How can I tell which recording I have? Are the Wembley Nights recordings that good?

salty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 12:11 PM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 05:16 AM
Well, one way to tell is by tracklisting. Fareaway so close has 12 tracks on disc 1 and 10 on disc 2. Wembley Nights 1& 2 has 15 tracks on disc 1 and 11 tracks on disc 2. The review for Faraway So Close also lists some channel problems and it says that Bono's voice sounds distant especially during Can't Help Falling in Love. It also has a couple songs from another night tacked onto the end.

If you want to list out a couple of track lengths from your recording, I can check them against my recording of the show which is the Wembley Nights Vol 1&2 recording. Chances are, both show do *not* have the same track lengths.

And yes, the Wembley Nights series is very good/excellent. They are probably some of the best audience recordings around.

U2Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 01:56 PM   #3
The Fly

My copy has an extra performance of Bad with the violinist and it has 12 tracks on disc 1. So I must have the Faraway So Close boot. So is the Wembley Nights recording superior to the Faraway So Close recording? Are the two different recordings?
salty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 01:59 PM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 05:16 AM
I don't have the Faraway So Close boot so I can't compare them side to side. Given the comments about the FSC boot about the channel swapping and Bono's voice sounding distant at times, I would say they are from different sources. The Wembley boot doesn't sound that way to me.
U2Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 02:58 AM   #5
The Fly

IMO you don't need an upgrade, unless you can get the remastered version of the Wembley Night Bootleg. Francesco Donadel (who reviews the WN series in FLOM) did an outstanding job remastering the WN series.
Bottom line: the normal version is a bit better than FSC. The remastered version is way better.

The remastered 7 & 8 volumes can easily be found on public servers and DC hubs. The other remastered versions I've never seen.
Soulrock2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
zooropa