Zoo Sydney Japanese Broadcast DVD Offer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
Zoo Sydney Japanese Broadcast DVD Tree/offer

I've received my DVD from 5speedracer5 and now will offer free copies to the first 5 who sign up here. It would be great if any of you have access to a DVD burner and could come back and offer copies for others but it's not required. :)

You can read the description of this DVD here and I will be posting screenshots below.

Last edited:
DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-92.jpg

DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-19.jpg

DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-66.jpg

DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-129.jpg

DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER-283.jpg

u2trade (at) gmail (dot) com
I'd be more than happy plus I'll B&P for you as I don't have a DVD burner... me will try a local internet cafe to do the burning or something.

Last edited:
I'd like to add my name please, although I may withdraw at appeal

rodgerdavies at gmail dot com

1. U2NZ matthew_peoples (at) hotmail (dot) com or u2trade (at) gmail (dot) com
2. mikal msthefly @hotmail.com
3. Harry Vest harry_vest @yahoo.com
4. RA-D rodgerdavies at gmail dot com
5. Shaliz ses615 @mail.usask.ca

Alrighty looks like I have 5 unless RA-D withdraws. Will contact you all shortly for mailing addys. :wave:

Last edited:
Fuck it I'm going to 10. I may not be able to send out the second group of 5 until next week though, just depends. :)

6. angel_28 angelfire24_2000 @yahoo.com
7. the olive donaldfagen79 @hotmail.com
8. U2Girl1978 (need your email please)

Definitely have to cut off at 10 though, sorry....

Last edited:
You don't need a DVD burner.....

6. angel_28 angelfire24_2000 @yahoo.com
7. the olive donaldfagen79 @hotmail.com
8. U2Girl1978 (need your email please)
9. Sevikins bonothiest [at] gmail [dot] com

... *thud*

Is this a B&P deal or are you just sending out copies? Either way, can I sneak onto the list? My VHS copy of the show is pretty much worn down. LOL! :silent:

boomcha [at] gmail.com

I'm just sending out copies, and yes you can sneak in, you got the last spot. :D

Ya know I've never even seen the VHS copy of this show. :der:

1. U2NZ matthew_peoples (at) hotmail (dot) com or u2trade (at) gmail (dot) com sent
2. mikal msthefly @hotmail.com sent
3. Harry Vest harry_vest @yahoo.com sent
4. RA-D rodgerdavies at gmail dot com sent
5. Shaliz ses615 @mail.usask.ca sent
6. angel_28 angelfire24_2000 @yahoo.com sent
7. the olive donaldfagen79 @hotmail.com sent
8. U2Girl1978 - sent
9. Sevikins bonothiest [at] gmail [dot] com - sent
10. forty boomcha [at] gmail.com sent
nbc - sent
sony - sent
Queen bee - sent
gas panic - sent
kellyahern - sent

Okay, offer is now closed.... I'll email the last 5 people sometime tomorrow.

Last edited:
Neutral,

thank you so much for sharing this with other fellow fans. your continued selfless sharing and commitment of your time & effort to share the love :hug: with fellow U2 fans truly sets a great example and positive vibe for this and similar forums. You're truly an inspiration. :bow:

For all those who probably enjoy but don't say it (or perhaps don't say it enough...myself included :silent: ) Thanks!

That is my babbling way of saying you :rockon:

...share and enjoy...:wave:

Last edited:
Neutral, if RAD withdraws, im desperate..Elvos85@hotmail.com..Thanks!!:drool:

Hey, Mrs. 40 miles from Atlanta, this is nowhere, any chance Australia could get a copy?

skenrangerone@yahoo.com

Regards
Sken

Edited to say: Nevermind what I said, apparently I have one being sent to me. Thanks however for being so generous in making the offer to the good people on this board.

Last edited:
5speedracer5 has sent me a copy (THANK YOU!). I should receive it early next week. I'll gladly pass this on to 5 more people. I prefer trades to B&P/free as I am located in Canada and cashing international cheques can be a pain. So 3 spots will be trade only (which probably means you have access to a DVD burner and will send this to more people...), 1 post free, and 1 spot international. If no trades materialize by the end of the weekend I will send it free to all five...

1. (trade CAN/US)
2. (trade CAN/US)
3. (trade CAN/US)
4. (FREE CAN/US)
5. (FREE International - trade prefrerred)

These are the DVDs I have - ZooTV Washington, Popmart Mexico Complete, Popmart Santiago (Achtungpop mix), Elevation Las Vegas, Vertigo 2005-3-28 four cam. I'm not a completest, I prefer the higher quality dvds...

Please email me, and I will update the above list

OOps... my email is prof.peabody@gmail.com sorry about that!

Last edited:
Thanks, i just read that another mate offered the dvd to europeans, so i try that thanks anyways..

Last edited:
Additional thanks out to Prof_P and u2music, as well as Neutral, for sharing the love on this and related threads (and to everyone else sharing, too). Love to encourage trading over B&P, as it helps make accessible more shows to all and wider availability to our community helps reduce usefulness to those shady sites that try to profit off distributing, rather than enjoy by sharing these :wink:

Thanks also out to the people who traded this already. Due to your help, i have built up enough U2 to feed my fix (necessary supplements and vitamins not covered by the commercial releases) for a while and am greatly enjoying reliving the many eras of U2, again...
:drunk:

oh yes, for the record, here are lineage notes (corrected version) for your records...share and enjoy!

** NOTE: This is NEVER to be sold and only to be shared with other U2 fans of insatiable appetite. Bon Apetit! **

U2
ZooTV tour - live in Sydney Australia <<1993 Japanese Broadcast WOWOW mix>>
1993-11-27

Lineage:
Satellite Broadcast (analog sat WOWOW channel, actually better than many digital satellite broadcasts where the bitrate is low to cram as many channels as possible)

--S-video--> Hi-8 (master, SP mode)
--composite--> standalone DVD
(DMR-E85HS SP (hardware 1-pass CBR MPEG encoding, chapters added), minimal menu)

ummm...anonymous (nudge, nudge, :sexywink: :sexywink: you know what i mean) comments from the provider of this version to the community, who can't get enough after buying the official releases...

Though i haven't done a complete comparison, things in this Japanese satellite broadcast version, which originally aired in 1993 by Japanese BS satellite service WOWOW and the later video release in 1994, differ in at least the following ways...

a) Trying To Throw Your Arms Around the World is included after Numb, before Angel of Harlem. Have read theories on why this was not included and can't comment (refer to h t t p :// w ww. u2faqs.co m/videography/#8 ...delete spaces to follow URL)

b) editing is quite different with many shots (40% or so?) using different camera angles than that of the video. This broadcast (93) was done before the video (94) and editing is credited only to Dave Gardener, whereas the video release is credited to Tim Waddell, Dave Gardener, Bruce McKenna, so i am guessing they edited from DG's original version adding some video FX and other camera angles.

Overall, IMO a tad less frenetic feel. Interesting to watch them side by side and then the differences are obvious. Suggest you play it back on 2 TVs/PCs with the other version for full virtual ZOOtv effect and enjoyment.
:rolleyes:

c) while Bono is channel surfing, you see some programs which are cut in the video. Other speech bits may vary. (Confessional?)

d) to meet broadcast time slot of 120 min, there is basically no intro (4 minutes shorter) starting almost immediately with Zoo Station. The end credits roll over the last song.

e) when Bono speaks between songs, there are Japanese subtitles

Setlist (Chapter Markers)
1) intro
2) Zoo Station
3) The Fly
4) (talk...Switching channels)
5) Even Better Than The Real Thing
6) Mysterious Ways
7) One
8) Unchained Melody
9) New Year's Day
10) Until The End Of The World
11) New Year's Day
12) Numb
13) Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World
14) Angel Of Harlem
15) Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
16) Satellite of Love
17) Dirty Day
18) Bullet The Blue Sky
19) Running To Stand Still
20) Where The Streets Have No Name
21) Pride (In The Name Of Love)
22) interlude
23) Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
24) MacPhisto speak
25) Lemon
26) With Or Without You
27) Love Is Blindness
28) Can't Help Falling In Love

** NOTE: This is NEVER to be sold and only to be shared with other U2 fans of insatiable appetite. Bon Apetit!

Last edited:
i'm in canada and i want to get in on this as well... abdul.ahmad [at] gmail (dot) com :)

i have a DVD burner and lots of blanks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom