ZOO DC DVD a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2 sweetestgirl

The Fly
This is my first post so hi everyone!:wink:

If this question has already been asked then I'm sorry, but can any kind person out there tell me the story behind this pre-satellite feed show.
I've recently acquired the DVD and the quality is great, but the direction of the show is really, really awful!!!
Is this the real reason the show wasn't aired?

Also, are the black sections between songs cut for advertisement breaks?If not then can someone explain why they're there!

If this subject has been beaten to death already then can someone post a link to a web page with the answers.

Thank you in advance:sexywink:

Hmm, number one I dont think its a satellite feed if its the 8-16-92 DC show. Its a pro shot done by U2's crew, it came from a crew member most likely (at least this is what I have heard), not a satellite transmission. U2 has filmed every single show since Zoo TV. This one happened to get out.

Number two, mine doesnt have blackout sections between songs? Dont know what that is about on yours. Does the audio and sound just cut out on yours? But there were no commercials, it was never meant for broadcast and was obviously never broadcast so there would be no reason to even put areas for commercial breaks on it.

Hope that helps! Welcome to the board

Last edited:
Thanks Blue Room.

Yes, mine fades to black at the end of each track and fades back in again just as the next track starts.
The audio sounds great and doesn't fade out with the picture so there is no loss of audio.
Another thing is that there is video 'flicker' - so it's obviously been transferred from a very good video.

The DVD doesn't have any bootleggers badge or logo and was made in 2003 - DVD player has been borrowed by a friend so can't check picture credit details right now.

Are you sure its not just that the lighting isnt on at all times between each song? Seems odd that the audio wouldnt cut out but the picture does.

I have both versions of this DVD. I got the two disc, NTSC, fade between tracks version first and then got the single disc, PAL , no faces between tracks version afterwards.

There are definitely two versions going around.

U2Lynne is right - there must be 2 versions.

I live in the UK (PAL) and have a single disc DVD, but it must be a copy of the NTSC video version - but a really good copy.

No, this show was recorded for a potential TV broadcast (pay-per view). At the very beginning of the tape there is a screen with writing that says something about how the show shouldn't be copied, or something like that. It's not a regular U2 crew proshot recorded by U2.

Back
Top Bottom