Yet Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok I read you wrong I thought you wanted the black framed ones. I didn't pay much attention to the red ones when I tried them on, as I wouldn't wear 'em.

I'm a red kind of human.

I originally wanted the 8025 901 8G which are the gloss black plastic frame with the dark grey shades but they stopped production of that colour apparently. 4sunglass has the 732, but I'm buying these to wear outside in the Florida sun, I need the darker shade. So I'm looking for the red through a site that dosn't ship them on backorder.

there's a pair of 732 6G on ebay that look sharp. appears the lens is more reflective and less transparent. Anyone know the difference between the 8Gs and 6Gs? Is it the lens?

Well at least in terms of the 971s, it is. 6G is flash/mirrored gray and 8G is gradient gray. But exterior flash, in my experience, doesn't assist with harsh sunglight at all. It doesn't darken the lens looking from the inside out, which is what it sounds like you're after. By the same token, going by past experience with other Bulgari lenses, their flash gray lens is not necessarily lighter than the gradient gray, either. They are about the same in terms of "darkness", it's just that one has a bit of a reflective coating.

I can tell you this: I tried on the 971 6G ones they have. They seemed pretty dark to me, and I think they could easily be worn in harsh sunlight. I know the Florida/Caribbean sun pretty good :wink:

What I don't get is if you consider the 971 6Gs out of the question, why you would even consider the 732 6Gs. They're essentially the same lens, just different arm colors.

You're wasting time trying to achieve the ultra dark look you think you see in the pics of Bono, and you're not going to get that out of either of those pairs imo, because you'll never be wearing them in that type of lighting. (Having said that I'm not aware of any pics of him wearing them in bright sunglight, either, so I could be wrong..)

ETA: considered the 966 8Gs? They look pretty dark, also.

Are the so called K-Mart's the real deal? Diesels? Or the replicas? If they are the real ones, what is the make and model #? We've been calling them Diesels for years and no one has verified the make and model # ??

Well at least in terms of the 971s, it is. 6G is flash/mirrored gray and 8G is gradient gray. But exterior flash, in my experience, doesn't assist with harsh sunglight at all. It doesn't darken the lens looking from the inside out, which is what it sounds like you're after. By the same token, going by past experience with other Bulgari lenses, their flash gray lens is not necessarily lighter than the gradient gray, either. They are about the same in terms of "darkness", it's just that one has a bit of a reflective coating.

I can tell you this: I tried on the 971 6G ones they have. They seemed pretty dark to me, and I think they could easily be worn in harsh sunlight. I know the Florida/Caribbean sun pretty good :wink:

What I don't get is if you consider the 971 6Gs out of the question, why you would even consider the 732 6Gs. They're essentially the same lens, just different arm colors.

You're wasting time trying to achieve the ultra dark look you think you see in the pics of Bono, and you're not going to get that out of either of those pairs imo, because you'll never be wearing them in that type of lighting. (Having said that I'm not aware of any pics of him wearing them in bright sunglight, either, so I could be wrong..)

ETA: considered the 966 8Gs? They look pretty dark, also.

I'm not sure I ever ruled out the 971 6Gs. If I seemingly did, it's only because this model and how some websites have done their layout provides confusion.

I'm not looking for ultra dark, I'm just NOT looking for the 732 light gray lense he wears on stage most of the time. I want something more everyday. And I am looking for a lense shade where others cannot easily see where my eyes are fixated.

I don't think providing an Ebay link is allowed here, but type in U2 bono sunglasses and you'll find the 6Gs. I've seen pics of the 8Gs and in the photos on Ebay it does appear the 6Gs are more difficult to see the eyes from the outside. Could be the lighting, I know.

So, the 901/8Gs are discontinued and difficult to find unless through private seller, the 971/8Gs are out there but usually on backorders, and the 6Gs of 732 captured my eyes because I originally wanted black frames, but the 732's were too transparent and 901s were impossible to find. Through it all, I think I will go ahead with a purchase of 971/8Gs through Unitedshades and be ok with the backorder shipping (seeing how otticanet is $30 more).

Thanks for the help, It's not everyday I spend $200 on a damn pair of plastic sunglasses so I want to make sure I'm going to (more than) love my purchase.

Dont mind helping, it is a pretty penny to spend fir sure.

To be honest tho, I think the flash ie 6 series is actually better for you..firstly, they arent really much lighter in terms of the shade of grey and secondly flash lenses always do a better job at hiding the wearers eyes, imo. Especially outdoors in sunlight. They only become a bit transparnt when you take a pic of them in bright artificial light and with a flash...otherwise they do a better job of hiding the eyes than plain grey, from what ive found..

Do you have an optician or high end.sunglasses retailer you can go to that carries Bulgari? That the model numbers arent the same wont really matter..compare a plain grey.lens with a flash grey and see which one you like more, thats my suggestion..

cool, on the search for a 6G. anyone have a transaction experience with otticanet?

They appear to have the 8G set but the price is $30 more than Unitedshades.

No worries, I've met a seller on Ebay and he has promised me an email including a picture of him wearing the mirror lense outside in natural light.

Regardless, I'm going to give myself more time for this purchase to take place in hopes that the 901.8G is listed by someone on Ebay. This all black pair is highly elusive.

Just checking.....

Bono and Bvlgaris....

519, 626, 549, 8025....

did he wear 521's? Or something similar? I'm sure there was another model number he wore from a few years back, but these threads have gotten so big, I can't find the "checklist" of styles he's worn....

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Tony

Just checking.....

Bono and Bvlgaris....

519, 626, 549, 8025....

did he wear 521's? Or something similar? I'm sure there was another model number he wore from a few years back, but these threads have gotten so big, I can't find the "checklist" of styles he's worn....

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Tony

I actually remember bono wearing the 636 (that had lenses in a "cat-eye" shape) in gradient yellow and deep red.
001020000002.gif

londonpd7.jpg

bono-oxfam.jpg

I had a pair of the 626, in burgundy, and really liked them, despite the lenses that were very small, and I dont recall any pics of Bono with them. They are easy to distinguish from the 636 cause the clip is not empty but is filled with a black square and the arms are quite thick.

He also wore these ones back in the days, offstage, in all black
bvlgarib552.jpg

sunglasses.jpg

Model number is 552.

He also wore the 629 at some events like Edun launch...
629.jpg

B_629.jpg

bono-ali-edun2.jpg

Basically, Bono had a lot of the models from Bvlgari's "quadrato" line, that means all those models with the squared clip on the arms.

People, i like you very much, the way you understand about glasses is cool. but i have a question. i have a 6lb0 9285. so i guess every one here owns at least 1 pair of bono shades.

But do you really buy then to wear on the streets, at market, at mall, after school, in happy hour, wherever?

When i wear my 9285, its impossible avoid people looking. i only saw bono glasses in the line of the show.

I dont bought 9285 because i want to be a bono cover all of the time, i just think its a lot of beautiful than the aviators, mormais, and the many others(with the same style) we see in all the other faces.

I wear them whenever it's sunny and I need sunglasses. Unless I'm going to a party or any other event that coud easily have your glasses smashed. I have a backup cheapo 5 euro pair for those cases.

People, i like you very much, the way you understand about glasses is cool. but i have a question. i have a 6lb0 9285. so i guess every one here owns at least 1 pair of bono shades.

But do you really buy then to wear on the streets, at market, at mall, after school, in happy hour, wherever?

When i wear my 9285, its impossible avoid people looking. i only saw bono glasses in the line of the show.

I dont bought 9285 because i want to be a bono cover all of the time, i just think its a lot of beautiful than the aviators, mormais, and the many others(with the same style) we see in all the other faces.

Well that's a weird question.
I have always love sunglasses. I had many other pairs, specially Oakley with are not very easy to wear as they have most of the time a powerful look. But, the fact is that when you love glasses, you can wear Bono's glasses almost every day. It is my case. The only pairs I do not wear are : Propaganda Fly Shades (too big), Cutler & Gross 0276 (too classical), Mikli 3244 13109 (orange) : too small lenses, Bulgari 519 (too small on my face). I do wear all the others : 3214, 8025, 2138, 9285, 9592, 51C, 1535, 611, 191, 226 and so on. Personally I like wearing sunglasses and it's a pleasure for me. I shape them to the weather and to my mood or the clothes I wear. And I do not give a damn about what people in the street can think, or what my family can think.
Oh and my wife wears in the same time her own pair of 8025 and of 9285 :sexywink:.
So that's my message. I wear them for me and I do not care about what the others can think.
All the best everyone !!!!:wave:

I have 2 brand new pairs of 8025s
for sale. A 901/8G shiny black /grey
gradient lens. Also a 966/87 shiny
blue grey/ light grey lens.
Email me for pics and prices
santiagostuntactor@yahoo.com

ha, I think I've pm'ed you before asking you to sell those.

I will purchase the 901/8Gs immediately. I have sent you an email containing my phone#. If you could reply with necessary information for paypal transaction.

Well that's a weird question.
I have always love sunglasses. I had many other pairs, specially Oakley with are not very easy to wear as they have most of the time a powerful look. But, the fact is that when you love glasses, you can wear Bono's glasses almost every day. It is my case. The only pairs I do not wear are : Propaganda Fly Shades (too big), Cutler & Gross 0276 (too classical), Mikli 3244 13109 (orange) : too small lenses, Bulgari 519 (too small on my face). I do wear all the others : 3214, 8025, 2138, 9285, 9592, 51C, 1535, 611, 191, 226 and so on. Personally I like wearing sunglasses and it's a pleasure for me. I shape them to the weather and to my mood or the clothes I wear. And I do not give a damn about what people in the street can think, or what my family can think.
Oh and my wife wears in the same time her own pair of 8025 and of 9285 :sexywink:.
So that's my message. I wear them for me and I do not care about what the others can think.
All the best everyone !!!!:wave:

Hi Mathieu,
I agreed with you, I like to wear sunglasses every day particularly Bvlgari and Gigli and sometime D&G 2138 or Extè :hi5:

that sucks, I was riding a high thinking I finally got a hold of the 901s and he's already sold them within 24 hours of the post. Lucky me, the search continues, damn.

Everyone seems to have 20+ Bono sunglass pairs. I have 0. I had the project red Armani and broke them after 5 years. Someone set their carryon bag over my jacket in the overhead bin of a United flight, the shades were in my pocket. All I want is these damn Bvlgari 8025 901/8Gs and I'm searching just for the luck that I need to actually find them.

For anyone else that has a pair of 901/8Gs that they're going to put up for sale, read the post first, I've been searching everyday for these.

to make it more clear to see, look: if I buy the 9592 whatever color with those stars attached in sides. all people uses to look in my direction, some laugh, friends says"there goes bono!!!". i think its hard to separate the shades of bono's image.

surely no one will look at me if i wear 3025 aviator, just like in zootv dvd cover. i want to know if this is linked with country culture.

more strange is, i always wear jacket and long hair, since i know u2. but, with bono shades, also with transparent lenses my visual becomes a "B. cover". guess in brazil, shades its not yet a style piece, its rooted to its function.

to make it more clear to see, look: if I buy the 9592 whatever color with those stars attached in sides. all people uses to look in my direction, some laugh, friends says"there goes bono!!!". i think its hard to separate the shades of bono's image.

surely no one will look at me if i wear 3025 aviator, just like in zootv dvd cover. i want to know if this is linked with country culture.

more strange is, i always wear jacket and long hair, since i know u2. but, with bono shades, also with transparent lenses my visual becomes a "B. cover". guess in brazil, shades its not yet a style piece, its rooted to its function.

Another thing is to be said : people in the street maybe remember of 9592 because they I have just seen many images of the 360°...
A pair of Mikli 3214, of Gigli 191 and 226, even of D&G 2138 is more a fan knowledge glasses... Here's your solution, buy older glasses and you will be less attractive for the others'look :wave:

THat's not true Wojo. I have 1 pair of Bono sunglasses. The only other pair I would want are blue Armani's that are Bono only or the 519's, which are impossible to find.

Maybe you look more like Bono than you think! lol

I would think that anyone who always wore a leather jacket, had a Bono-ish hairstyle and wore his glasses would probably get that comment.

What I don't get is why the heck you'd want to wear those around anyways. :lol: There's about a gazillion styles of shades out there and many of them are more current and better looking than the ones he wears (imo).

Having said that, he does have a few nice pairs, but again, he's such a popular figure and is so well recognized as always having them on...well you have to expect that kind of comment from people if you wear them..

$(KGrHqQOKnME2di!FlERBNyvQQLmRw~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqYOKpsE25E0TYUuBNyvP9PIbQ~~0_12.JPG

Here's the 732/6Gs. Mirror rather than gray

Anyone else have a pair of 6Gs they can post a photo of?

ps, these are not mine, I believe the seller on Ebay has yet to sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom