Was ZooTV faked...?!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smileplease

The Fly
The following quote is from a Paul McGuiness interview in the 'U2 Show' book.

(Re ZooTV) "There was a lot of sleight of hand there, a lot of things that appeared to be spontaneous were actually rehearsed. The idea of tuning in on a random basis to whatever was on a satellite TV: nobody would risk that going wrong on the night, so that was carefully programmed."

Blimey, what a revelation!!!!

Not for me. Don't forget:

"Rock 'n' Roll is entertainment. Sevice Charge not included."

With Bono's phone calls, I'm inclined to think many were not pre-rehearsed considering how ridiculous/farcical some of them turned out, like the one were he rang a local sporting big-shot at the concert in Cork - and the guy couldn't hear his mobile ringing because he was actually at the concert!

I can see how the TV stations were planned beforehand, but yeah... Definitely not the telephone calls (except perhaps for Pavarotti and obviously, Salmon Rushdie). I don't think they would plan someone hanging up on Bono or not even picking up the phone. :shrug:

I think Paul was referring to the TV channel hopping rather than the phone calls.

However, this is completely contrary to what Williw Williams always stated that it was for real, and 'what would be the point' of faking it.

i noticed on the boot of the Belgian and dutch show that they channelhopped to german tv stations, I don't think there was anything flemish (or french) in there.

They have so many flemish guys working on the shows, you'd think one of them might have pointed out to them that Flemish and german are not the same at all!!!

And the german community in our country is very small, compared to the flemish and french, so I think it was pre- recorded indeed :|

Back
Top Bottom