WAR-era Outtakes/Iovine Tapes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you shout...

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hi, all!

I'm here to find out if anybody would be willing to do me a bit of a favor...

If anybody has the War -era outtakes (featuring, as I've been told, nearly 15 takes of "Two Hearts" as well as passes at "Sunday Bloody Sunday," "Like a Song," and the unreleased "Be There") and the tapes recorded by Bono and Edge at Jimmy Iovine's house during/around The Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum -eras (featuring three songs: "She's Gonna' Blow Your House Down," "We Almost Made It This Time," and "Prisoner Of Love"), I would really appreciate a hook-up of sorts. If a quality studio recording of "Wild Irish Rose" could be tossed into the mix, I promise to be your new best friend!

I don't have very much to trade that isn't pretty standard stuff around these parts, so I can't offer too much in that department. Everything I have/can afford is something which everybody else already has...! I would, however, be more than willing to send blank CD-Rs and to, of course, cover any/all shipping costs. Let me know, please! Any help is greatly appreciated, friends. Hit me up at...

poptart725@gmail.com

Last edited:
If you shout... said:
Hi, all!

I'm here to find out if anybody would be willing to do me a bit of a favor...

If anybody has the War -era outtakes (featuring, as I've been told, nearly 15 takes of "Two Hearts" as well as passes at "Sunday Bloody Sunday," "Like a Song," and the unreleased "Be There") and the tapes recorded by Bono and Edge at Jimmy Iovine's house during/around The Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum -eras (featuring three songs: "She's Gonna' Blow Your House Down," "We Almost Made It This Time," and "Prisoner Of Love"), I would really appreciate a hook-up of sorts. If a quality studio recording of "Wild Irish Rose" could be tossed into the mix, I promise to be your new best friend!

I don't have very much to trade that isn't pretty standard stuff around these parts, so I can't offer too much in that department. Everything I have/can afford is something which everybody else already has...! I would, however, be more than willing to send blank CD-Rs and to, of course, cover any/all shipping costs. Let me know, please! Any help is greatly appreciated, friends. Hit me up at...

poptart725@gmail.com

I posted SBS outtake in the U2 mp3 section, and i'm going to try post some more soon, so keep check there :)

Beau2ifulday,

Actually, I have been paying attention that that other thread in the .mp3 section. I got that "Sunday Bloody Sunday" song and am enjoying it as I write this...!

However, my computer is--how shall I put this?--a piece of shit. I cannot get any of the tunes which I download burned onto CDs or anything like that, and since the piece of junk is on its last legs (and since I won't really be able to afford a new one....hello, computer labs!), I would really be interested in sending you some blank CD-Rs. Now, if that's not possible, that's totally fine--I understand. If you do have these recordings, though, the hard-copy route would be the route best taken for me. Again, the CDs and shipping and all that fun stuff is on me. All I would want to know, of course, would be the actual tracks to be recorded: I'd wanna' make sure to get all I want/need, because I hate bugging poor, magnanimous souls such as your self for this stuff...and I'm such a completist that if a single song is missing, I'll end up harassing everyone else...!

Also, I noticed in that aforementioned "other thread" that you (at least...I THINK it was you...) mentioned 12 or 13 snippets from the JT-outtakes...? I was only aware of, I think, seven or so. If you have those and could toss 'em in, that'd be far out. I know that this is a lot music and all, but I can easily send you a couple of discs, you know? Any spares can simply make the return voyage back to Chicago with their encoded brethren.

Thanks a bundle! Keep it real for me!

poptart725@gmail.com

If you shout... said:
Beau2ifulday,

Actually, I have been paying attention that that other thread in the .mp3 section. I got that "Sunday Bloody Sunday" song and am enjoying it as I write this...!

However, my computer is--how shall I put this?--a piece of shit. I cannot get any of the tunes which I download burned onto CDs or anything like that, and since the piece of junk is on its last legs (and since I won't really be able to afford a new one....hello, computer labs!), I would really be interested in sending you some blank CD-Rs. Now, if that's not possible, that's totally fine--I understand. If you do have these recordings, though, the hard-copy route would be the route best taken for me. Again, the CDs and shipping and all that fun stuff is on me. All I would want to know, of course, would be the actual tracks to be recorded: I'd wanna' make sure to get all I want/need, because I hate bugging poor, magnanimous souls such as your self for this stuff...and I'm such a completist that if a single song is missing, I'll end up harassing everyone else...!

Also, I noticed in that aforementioned "other thread" that you (at least...I THINK it was you...) mentioned 12 or 13 snippets from the JT-outtakes...? I was only aware of, I think, seven or so. If you have those and could toss 'em in, that'd be far out. I know that this is a lot music and all, but I can easily send you a couple of discs, you know? Any spares can simply make the return voyage back to Chicago with their encoded brethren.

Thanks a bundle! Keep it real for me!

poptart725@gmail.com

If You Shout.... I e-mailed you - did you recieve it? I know my e-mails have been a bit unreliable recently :/

Can someone send me some of these links as well? I am looking for "Be There", "We Almost Made It This Time," and "Prisoner Of Love", and Kings New clothes.

listenson AT hotmail.com Please!?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom