Updated Elevation List?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You mean a list of everyshow and every person who taped that show? That is going to be one monster list. Some of the shows were recorded by seven or eight (or more) different tapers!

So a list of the date and then the best source for that show? Even that is pretty subjective because many people like audience over ald or earpiece.

And you are right, there have been a lot of IEMs showing up lately.

>>So a list of the date and then the best source for that show? Even that is pretty subjective because many people like audience over ald or earpiece. <<

You're right - what someone prefers can be subjective (next to SB I prefer Bonos earpiece personally) but perhaps a list listing of anything non-audience available (unless its excpetional audience)?

And, I must admit I'm a little new at (non mp3) bootleg collecting so if you would kindly tell me what IEM stands for? I'm sure I'll tap my head and think "I could've had a V8" but....

groovcat said:
>>So a list of the date and then the best source for that show? Even that is pretty subjective because many people like audience over ald or earpiece. <<

You're right - what someone prefers can be subjective (next to SB I prefer Bonos earpiece personally) but perhaps a list listing of anything non-audience available (unless its excpetional audience)?

And, I must admit I'm a little new at (non mp3) bootleg collecting so if you would kindly tell me what IEM stands for? I'm sure I'll tap my head and think "I could've had a V8" but....

IEM - in ear monitor - earpiece recording

The IEMs from Popmart are incredible (in my opinion), however, the IEMs from Elevation are something I think you need to be in the mood to listen to. Most of them have that 'click-track' throughout the recording and it can really get on your nerves after awhile.

As for a list, I'm not really 'in the know' as far as what is out there in the rare trade circles. And, really, someone who does know because they do the rare trading is not going to list it here. You are more than welcome to take a look at my trade list (listed in my profile) and see what I have since I have grabbed quite a few Elevation IEMs, but the ones I have are ones that have been 'released'. I also haven't grabbed any from the second leg.

Edit: Sorry, interference is being wacky. Yes, there was a list of IEMs/ALDs and such that were out there. But, I know I have a few that were not mentioned on there. I haven't seen anyone actually go and update it and the people who would update it, would be those 'in the know' and I don't think they will. That list was made because a lot of people met other people who knew about ALDS or IEMs being recorded. Those people who helped make the list did not necessarily have the IEMS/ALDS, they just knew that they existed.

Last edited:
That list was made when a bunch of people on ElevaSHN were pissed that all was not being shared (which they feel is their divine right as a U2 fan for some reason). They took that list off of Nico's list as she lists or did list stuff that she thought existed that she wanted. Doesnt mean they all exist, doesnt mean she has them.

I dont know where you get alot are turning up. Yes more are, but in proportion to what is actually out there very little has actually surfaced and I think you have seen about all that is going to at this point. I prefer any kind of soundboard that is clean to an audience recording. I wish I could get more IEMs. I have an idea of what is out there, but I dont have them or access to them. So I'am content with audience recordings which there are plenty of good ones and the few IEMs that do turn up.

Regarding metronome. Bonos feed does have metronome but 80% of the time it blends in with the music.(Edge and Larrys have more) On the third leg Bono was actually using very little metronome and when he was it was very low. So I dont know how that becomes irritating. But to each his own. As I said in another thread, I would rather have metronome over some girl screaming "BONO I Love you!" at the top of her lungs or some drunk shouting UUUU 2222, all night. But I guess that is just me.

Last edited:
U2Lynne said:

Yes, there was a list of IEMs/ALDs and such that were out there. ... That list was made because a lot of people met other people who knew about ALDS or IEMs being recorded. Those people who helped make the list did not necessarily have the IEMS/ALDS, they just knew that they existed.

Well - maybe we should poll some of the regulars on this board to see whats out there right now! It probably wont be a complete list but it would give some of us newbie traders the chance to get some pretty good shows we didnt know were out there!
Maybe if you're game, and anyone else is as well, you all can email/PM me what IEM and ALDs you know of and then I can post them. U2Lynne - I can get yours off of your profile but maybe you are aware of some others out there that you haven't been able to acquire yet?

-groov

U2Lynne said:

The IEMs from Popmart are incredible (in my opinion), however, the IEMs from Elevation are something I think you need to be in the mood to listen to. Most of them have that 'click-track' throughout the recording and it can really get on your nerves after awhile.

PopMart and Elevation IEMs are almost the same. However, most of the PopMart earfeeds that have surfaced yet (i.e. Oakland, Seattle, etc.) , are from a different feed than most of the Elevation earfeeds out there. There is also some earfeeds from PopMart that are taken from Bono's earpiece, such as 6/1/1997 in East Rutherford, and this recording sounds very similar as Elevation Bono's earfeed.

Blue Room said:
Regarding metronome. Bonos feed does have metronome but 80% of the time it blends in with the music.(Edge and Larrys have more) On the third leg Bono was actually using very little metronome and when he was it was very low. So I dont know how that becomes irritating. But to each his own.

I'm not going to reply to alot of what you said because I think you took it to the extreme. Maybe I have a different list than you, but it is not from Nico's site. I wasn't around when this 'list' was published, so I was just guessing it was the same list I had. As for Elevashn, no comment on what they think they deserve. I love that group, but not everyone feels the same way about recordings and what they 'deserve'.

As for IEMs showing up, well, there *are* alot showing up. I'm not going to say any more about that except to say I've been getting alot more lately than, in say, the last six months. Enough said.

But, in regards to IEMs, I never said I didn't like them. In fact I *love* them! The more obscure, the better. Bono's are great, but a Larry is *really* great, not because the sound is great, but because it is so unusual. But, the normal listener would not like it. And, as for the metronome, I've heard a lot of people say it was irritating. And, I can see that. And yes, the third leg was better, but it still isn't like Popmart.

u2julien said:

PopMart and Elevation IEMs are almost the same.

You think so, Julien? I have no idea whos IEMs the Popmart ones are from, so maybe I'm talking about apples and oranges. I just know that *most* of the Elevation IEMs are Bono's (I believe, but whom evers they are, most of them are the same), and it makes me wonder why the Popmart ones are different. I love the Popmart ones. Why would tapers change who they are taking the IEM from if the Popmart ones were so good? I know it's not a matter of difficulty.

U2Lynne said:

I know it's not a matter of difficulty.

Actually, it is partially. There is alot involved. More than people think.

Lets not turn this into the IEM debate again. If you dont know what they are about. Dont act like you do. The original post was about all the Elevation recordings. Most of those circulating are audience shows. Lets focus the thread back on that.

You cant go wrong with recordings by Avallone, Voynet, Zumstag, and my old debate nemesis ChrisEdge ;) Generally the recordings they did of the shows they attended are the higher end of audience recordings. So those are good names to watch for. There are many others that I'am sure others can list also.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

There are many others that I'am sure others can list also.

OK - I by no means meant for such a debate to be opened up. The politics of bootlegs and collections, while interesting, are getting a little disturbing.

All I wanted to know was what boots are better than others because Blue Room you wee one of the people who convinced me to stop collecting mp3s and start collecting cdrs, so I was curious what was available. So, I know there are a couple of others checking this board who are also "newbies" (if you wanna call us that) who could benefit highly from yours, and U2Lynnes and U2Julians expertise. I was more interested in the Elevation tour because I do have already quite a few POPMart IEM/Broadcasr/SB already but few Elevation.

So this is what I have for the Elevation tour - please let me know if I'm missing anything extraordinary:
3-22 Miami Rehearsal
3-24 Miami SB
3-26 Miami IEM
5-15 Chicago ALD
5-25 Toronto IEM
8-05 Antwerp IEM
10-10 South Bend Webcast
11-23 Pheonix ALD

What I know is out there but have not obtained yet is:
4-20 San Jose IEM
5-3 Cleveland ALD
5-31 Buffalo ALD
6-6 Boston IEM

So - what else is out there?

thanks for accomodating me btw
:wave:

The released IEMs/ALDs/SBs that I've seen around:

3-16 Miami Rehearsal (sometimes listed as 3-21)
3-22 Miami Rehearsal
3-24 Miami SB
3-26 Miami IEM
3-29 Charlotte IEM
3-30 Atlanta IEM
4-20 San Jose IEM
4-28 Pheonix ALD
5-3 Cleveland ALD
5-15 Chicago ALD
5-25 Toronto IEM
5-31 Buffalo ALD
6-6 Boston IEM
7-31 Arnhem IEM
8-05 Antwerp IEM
10-10 South Bend Webcast
11-23 Pheonix ALD
12-1 Tampa ALD

There are tons out there that are never going to be released though.

To add to Blue Room's list of excellent tapers, I've always like Alex Coluzzi's (sp?, he goes under various names in the taper notes though) and Scott Brown's recordings also. Alex'z San Jose ones are a couple of my favorites (of course, I'm biased there!).

I wont pretend to be an expert on this, but I "think" they use scanners to tune in to the fm frequency that the IEM feed is being broadcast from the sounddesk to the band members on. Im not sure if this can be done from outside the venue, anybody know if this is correct?

Well, add to the fact that there are multiple ALD/IEM's for some of the shows. I have heard of 4 different ones for 3/24 alone. The original one (with fades between each song) and several others with better sound and no fades (some say they just edited out the fades on 1 of the others)

Blue Room said:
That list was made when a bunch of people on ElevaSHN were pissed that all was not being shared (which they feel is their divine right as a U2 fan for some reason).

I don't remember a "list" of stuff? (could be wrong) and not everyone feels it's a divine right to shows. However we had/have the largest base of collectors out there in one spot and some get quite vocal. :)

I still don't have the 8/25/01 show that is around. I have a short MP3 clip that a IEM collector sent me to prove it exists...

Blue Room said:
You cant go wrong with recordings by Avallone, Voynet, Zumstag, and my old debate nemesis ChrisEdge ;) Generally the recordings they did of the shows they attended are the higher end of audience recordings. So those are good names to watch for. There are many others that I'am sure others can list also.

I knew you didn't hate me. :)

Back
Top Bottom