Unreleased video for trade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kerrylives

The Fly
Hello fellow traders,

I own the master tapes of a show that hasn't circulated before. I've shared a snippet of it online called: "Stay and Bad shot from the tip of the heart" some 2 years ago.) To my knowlegdge it's the only video source of the August 3 Elevation Tour show in Arnhem, the Netherlands. Filmed some 6 feet from the tip of the heart (GA) it's needless to say it's quite spectacular footage and it's complete. See the "2001-08-03" entry in the video section on my new website for more information / cover scan.

I'm willing to trade it on VHS (Pal) for U2 audio or video/dvd of the same caliber I don't have (check out my site). I'm currently not interested in any post 1990 material.

I'm not planning on doing that many trades, so I'll consider the best offers. Feel free to mail me off list for further details.

Danny
u2video(at)hotmail.com
http://members.home.nl/thummel

I'm interested if you are able to trasnsfer your master directly to DVD...cause it has no sense to het a 1st genVHS when you can have a master sourced DVD easily :wink:

kerrylives said:
I'm willing to trade it on VHS (Pal) for U2 audio or video/dvd of the same caliber I don't have (check out my site). I'm currently not interested in any post 1990 material.

MLKLuke said:
I'm interested if you are able to trasnsfer your master directly to DVD...cause it has no sense to het a 1st genVHS when you can have a master sourced DVD easily :wink:

No kidding. "Interested in same caliber" but "Not interested in any post 1990 material"

Do you realize the difference between how many people shot video on the Elevation tour and before 1990? Camcorders back then were huge and not easy to sneak in, plus usually a lot more money. PLUS who would want it on VHS in the age of Master DV>DVD?

It's good to know it exists, but you should transfer your master to DVD, or have someone clone your tape and get it to the people that can do it.

Preserve the footage by sharing.

LOL, good luck getting anything pre 90 that isnt out there. I mean, you are talking about an audience shot video from 01??!!!! What are you expecting to get?? LOL
Good Luck! :macdevil:

Danny shouldn't get crucified for trying to get some trades and saying what he's interested in. Trading is a good thing. If he doesn't trade his footage now, in 10 years it will be considered vintage, so I don't see why people are scoffing at him.

It's not as if he's trying to sell his footage for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

Rory said:
Danny shouldn't get crucified for trying to get some trades and saying what he's interested in. Trading is a good thing. If he doesn't trade his footage now, in 10 years it will be considered vintage, so I don't see why people are scoffing at him.

It's not as if he's trying to sell his footage for hundreds or thousands of dollars.

I dont think anyone on this thread has crucified him??

I think its pretty simple. He has audience shot footage from 2001 of which there is a ton. He is asking for pre 90 footage only for that. I think people are pointing out that he does not have the equivelant of that type of footage and may find it difficult to get someone to trade for it. Thats all. Now, if he had said I would consider all trades but only want uncirculated material and I would "prefer" pre 90 footage, the reaction may have been different. (LOL, then again there are people here that would probebly crucify him fo asking for only uncirculated footage!! But at least he would be asking for an equitable trade)

Vintage? would his footage be more valuable 10 years from now if it didnt surface? Sure, but how much more valuable would pre 90 footage that is uncirculated be 10 years from now? WAY more valuable. Personally, I dont consider most audience shot material "vintage" in any form. But if you do, thats cool.

Nothing against kerrylives from me. If you can find someone to trade for what you are looking for, go for it. My "guess" is you havent received many offers for what you are looking for, if any. But you never know I guess.

Good luck with it. :)

I saw 2DVD made of 1st gen video on some trading sites.

edit: I'm not sure it's from the same tape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom