*ultra deluxe bono shades thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry it took a bit, but heres my b
"bronze" 519 i just snagged from ebay:
IMG_1977.jpg

Sweetness. Am I the only one that's noticed that the LENS shape of the 519's and the Miu Mius r VERY similar?

thebadger said:
sorry it took a bit, but heres my b
"bronze" 519 i just snagged from ebay:
IMG_1977.jpg

Nice. The dark green 519s I got that same day appear almost black whereas those retain a nice bronze shade.

soundmerc-
my friend got the other green 519 that day-when he got them, they were the emerald greens! i was going crazy-but id rather see him have them then someone who dosent know what they are

thebadger said:
soundmerc-
my friend got the other green 519 that day-when he got them, they were the emerald greens! i was going crazy-but id rather see him have them then someone who dosent know what they are

How nice for him@$&@!! Argh. Well, like you said, at least they're staying in the family.

I just thought I'd re-ignite this thread by asking a question that has probably been answered a million times over, but I was looking in "U2 by U2" and was quite curious.

Anyway, I was wondering what model of D&G shades Bono wore for the HTDAAB promo shots and (I believe) album cover shot.

Now that I found the D&G model number though, I'm wondering about two things...

What color did he wear for the Vertigo music video shoot?

And

What color did he wear for the HTDAAB promo photos?
(Specifically the outdoor photos that went into the official 2006 U2 Calander)

So, it looks like most colors of 2138 are unavailable anymore, but does anyone own D23 (or even H49 or G49, since those are the three I can still find) and want to share their thoughts (or pics)?

Well, I have narrowed down my selection of D&G 2138 to either the Black D23 or the Tinted G37 (I think I found a place that still sells them). So, ignoring my last post...

Does anyone own either of these pairs and have maybe a few pics to share or just general thoughts?

i want to get a pair of
D&G 2138
but they are becoming harder and harder to find as im saving my money

i want the clear ones

A lot of us have PURPOSEFULLY removed it. Use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If U "Search" U'll find the step-by-step instructions have been posted a few times in the various "Bono Shades" threads....

i have the D&G 2138's in d23, g37, g49, and g35 - what were you interested in finding out and i can try and help (sorry but im on the road and dont have my glasses with me for photos)

Well, I was just curious of what you thought about the D23 and the G37. For example:

Do you like one over the other?

How well does each pair work in sunlight?

Judging from pictures, the G37's can be very "colorful" depending on what light they're in. Is this true?

Would you say the G37 are more for style? and perhaps the better pair for wearing in the sun are the D23?

I'm just having trouble making up my mind between the two from only seeing a few pictures of Bono with them on (I'm not even sure he has worn the D23, but I think they might look cool anyway. I don't always choose colors based on what the B-man wears, but I like the models he wears.)

Rich79 said:
Well, I was just curious of what you thought about the D23 and the G37. For example:

Do you like one over the other?

How well does each pair work in sunlight?

Judging from pictures, the G37's can be very "colorful" depending on what light they're in. Is this true?

Would you say the G37 are more for style? and perhaps the better pair for wearing in the sun are the D23?

I'm just having trouble making up my mind between the two from only seeing a few pictures of Bono with them on (I'm not even sure he has worn the D23, but I think they might look cool anyway. I don't always choose colors based on what the B-man wears, but I like the models he wears.)

Obviously, a lot of this is going to come down to personal preference...that being said:

- the d23 are much more of a 'conservative' look. yes, the shape is the same but the frames are black and the lenses are black.

- youre correct, depending on the lighting conditions the G37 can look different hues. it ranges from being blue-ish, to purple-ish, to brown-ish depending on how strong the lighting is (this is partly why there is often so much confusion around what pairs bono actually wears in different photos because depending on the lighting the same lenses can look very different). this, along with the silver colored frames, makes for a bit more of a blingy look than the d23's

- for me, they are both good in sunlight - its not like the g37 is clear (like the g49, for example) or does not offer any protection

- im a fairly subtle guy but i like the g37 more. its more blingy than the d23 but its not over the top to me and is much more interesting

let me know if you have any other questions

If I had the money, I'd just get both.

Still hard to decide, but thanks for the second opinion, it was helpful.

i had both the d23s and g37s at one time. . . i ended up selling the g37s because they weren't dark enough to cover my eyes from the goddamn sun. but they sure did look pretty cool. i still have the d23s and they are great also.

I saw a few more detailed pics of the D&G 2138 G37 and I can see what you mean about the sun getting through. I just can't make up my mind on whether I want another pair of black sunglasses or if I should go with a flashier, more stylish pair. Either way, I'll let you guys know what I go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom