*ultra deluxe bono shades thread*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they werent emerald-dark green w/black arms..2 pairs were up--i got bronze/brown 519 with silver bvlgari logos and 619 w/blur lenses black aems-the person selling listed as wrong #'s-i emailed gave me a pict with the correct #'s

thebadger said:
they werent emerald-dark green w/black arms..2 pairs were up--i got bronze/brown 519 with silver bvlgari logos and 619 w/blur lenses black aems-the person selling listed as wrong #'s-i emailed gave me a pict with the correct #'s

Hey Badg -- didn't mean for it to happen like that! I actually wanted the bronze/brown ones (you beat me by a couple bucks on that one!) -- if you'd prefer the greenies, I might consider trading...

got my 519 brown/orange-these are great and really unique-thanks for the offer soundmercury, but i think i'll stick with these...im glad at least you got the dark green then someone who didnt know what they were buying
;)

thebadger said:
got my 519 brown/orange-these are great and really unique-thanks for the offer soundmercury, but i think i'll stick with these...im glad at least you got the dark green then someone who didnt know what they were buying
;)

Cool. Enjoy 'em...and of course, keep on the look out for those 519's so they get into the right hands:)

thebadger said:
;)

And if you get the chance, post a photo of those...curious to see what they look like...

I emailed Armani asking about possible new colours. here is the response:

Hi Wayne

The only colours for lenses in these shades are green shaded, grey
shaded, brown, blue or pink (which I think must be the ones you have
seen as sometimes the light plays tricks). But as far as I am aware
there are to be no other colours being manufactured.

Regards

Jane

Jane Harbottle
Logistics Department
Safilo UK Ltd

:hmm:

waynetravis said:
I emailed Armani asking about possible new colours. here is the response:

Hi Wayne

The only colours for lenses in these shades are green shaded, grey
shaded, brown, blue or pink (which I think must be the ones you have
seen as sometimes the light plays tricks). But as far as I am aware
there are to be no other colours being manufactured.

Regards

Jane

Jane Harbottle
Logistics Department
Safilo UK Ltd

:hmm:

i made a call to the italian armani call-center some months ago and the girl said to me that the orange and blue ones are made only for bono.
then she said that she didn't know if in the future these colours will go on sale.

btw now i'm tired of them but i didn't find nothing interestig to pick, so even if the new colours will came out i don't think i will buy it.
i hope bono will use something new at the cinema festival in cannes, but i know that it's not gonna happen.

yea badger
alot of people at prom told me i lloked good, and i was like....Thank Badger hahaha

those blue and orange Armani's are only for Bono.....but i think in the future they will produce them....
and i have been busy at work and school
im savin up for a few pairs of Romeo Gigli and Selima Optique....

:D

Zootv16, if you're interested in Giglis, a pair of Blue 191 is actually on eBay :wink: . (notice however that arms are from another pair, they're not black but kinda "zebra"). But i think it's not really a bother when you wear them.

Today i'm gonna get my versace 2040 (present from friends :ohmy: ) so looks like my shades family gets another baby lol

It seems in fact that i got wrong, these are really 518 and not 191, they are very alike ! I kinda thought at start they were different, but finally not.... well i was wrong, they are two different models

Gigli 518
518.jpg

Gigli 191
RG191_S_1.jpg

Last edited:
Moonwalker_13 said:
Yeaaah Lemon, You got a nice collection too !!

Pink 519... Lucky guy !
:wink:

Agreed - the pink 519's are the holy grail.

BTW, what's the model # etc for the Diesels?

Man... i have the feeling i'm looking at Robin WIlliams and not Bono with those round shades lol

BTW i really don't like those too.. lol

Last edited:
he....
oh man
just cannot work those...
he needs to stick to wrap arounds...

anyway
Mr_LeMon
i have 3 questions...
how did you get the black arms on your Armani?
and are those zoo TV flys?
and finally
if you die, or something were to happen, may i get the collection?
:D
hahhaha im kiddin.....kinda..

drewhiggins said:
What the hell are those?

I bought these about a month ago, very cheap and not too bad build quality.

3a4d_1.JPG

If the "what the hell are those" is for the shades you're showing, they are no brand knock off (saw them on ebay fairly often).

If you mean the shades he wore in Cannes, I have strictly no idea of the brand, eventhough i searched...

The ones you bought are nice replicas, but they are not really the same as the model supposed (the armani), they are more curved in the center, and arms are more stylish i must say, a bit like versace 2052 if i'm correct.
Overall, they're sweet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom