UABRS electric co/send in the clowns on cd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimbo913

The Fly
First off, I posted a similar thread in the MP3 forum, asking for a downloadable version of this song. I hope this is okay, as it is a slightly different question, but revolving around the same topic.

As I said in an the other post, I have read (u2wander.org) that UABRS with send in the clowns does in fact exist (but you can't tell other than listening to it. I recently purchase the LP, but want it on CD too. I have gone to used CD stores, and when possible, have listened to the opened copies hoping to find it. No luck yet.

Anyway, what I want to know is if anyone has come across it in their searches, and possibly know a good source for getting it.

I hope I am okay in posting this, as I just want to guage if anyone has found it. The other thread is about just that song. I guess time will tell...

those are good suggestions. I hadn't thought of ebay, but upon a quick look: a. either they aren't descriptive about it (do not say whether it has SITC on it), or b. they don't know enough about what they have to list it. Either way, it isn't listed in any current auctions.

as for using the video, the one on the cd is actually from (West) Germany, and not from the Red Rocks show.

But thanks for the suggestions.

I created a DVD from the laserdisc which includes SITC's. If you just want the one song, I can see if I can rip the one song to MP3 for you....

thanks. I truly appreciate the offer. I have the VHS tape with it on there as well (I am a little jealous about the ripped LD though). The problem though is that the one on the CD is from Germany, and not the Red Rocks show. I am specifically looking for the one from the CD, and not the UABRS movie release. I have it on record too, but it just doesn't sound the same as a CD quality release. I guess it is just the knowledge that it is out there somewhere, and someone has it (who probably doesn't even know how special it is). From what I have gathered is that the ones with SITC are more likely to be from the UK and Australia (but not all of these releases have it either).

I guess I was just curious if anyone here had been able to find it... so as to give me some hope that I am not Snipe hunting. I am sure I will find it someday. Gotta keep up the hope!

But thanks again for the offer, it is very generous of you :)

Last edited:
jimbo913 said:
those are good suggestions. I hadn't thought of ebay, but upon a quick look: a. either they aren't descriptive about it (do not say whether it has SITC on it), or b. they don't know enough about what they have to list it. Either way, it isn't listed in any current auctions.
i know what you mean, i've tried looking for it too. i've also tried looking for this one version of the boy lp. it's got a 30 second instrumental demo of "fire" at the end of shadows and tall trees. i'd love to be able to get my hands on a copy, but none of the lps for sale ever mention if it's on there. but that's another thread.

It does exist. I used to have it in fact, I got it from the old U22U FTP.

Anybody know what happened to that thing? That was amazing!

OK now I understand what you were looking for (I think) - Electric Co. recorded @ St. Goarshausen Germany on 1983-08-20? If so I have the entire concert; I can either convert that track to an mp3 & send it to you (though my email seems to have problems with that) or you can send me a b&p & I'll send you the whole gig. It's a good show.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i know what you mean, i've tried looking for it too. i've also tried looking for this one version of the boy lp. it's got a 30 second instrumental demo of "fire" at the end of shadows and tall trees. i'd love to be able to get my hands on a copy, but none of the lps for sale ever mention if it's on there. but that's another thread.

I got that version of Boy. I actually won it off eBay.. It's the UK pressing with the Boy on the cover. The funny thing is, is that it wasn't mentioned in the description.. I sort of found it on accident and I was pleasently suprised!

If you want an officially released CD of the unedited UBRS, seek out an early German pressing. Forget the USA pressings, they are all edited. I've also heard the early Australian pressings (through Festival records) are unedited too but I can't confirm that.

Chances are you will have to scan the German ebay site to find one because items listed on the German site don't appear on the US site. Use babelfish to translate the page if necessary. Australian listings do show up on the US site. Ask the seller to check the track length. The edited track is about 4:55 and the unedited is about 5:18.

thanks for all the replies guys. I haven't been here for awhile. I got a new job and working on my dissertation etc.... so I have been swamped.

Still looking though... when time permits.

KhanadaRhodes said:

Are we talking about the vinyl version of boy as ive checked all my cd versions of the album for the 30 sec demo of '' fire'' and i cant find it.

Thanks a lot, i checked my cassette version Of Boy and the demo is on there, and i checked uabrs cassette and SITC is on the electric co track, ive got the vinyl copy of Boy but i never play it as its still sealed along with the Usa presssing, ref Uabrs i won the digipak version off ebay i hope SITC is on that version. thanks for the reply Khanada.

Last edited:
ahh it's on the cassette as well? for both songs? man...maybe i actually have a reason to buy cassettes!

fyi, i believe the fire demo only appears on some uk pressings. since yours came from the us, you don't have to worry about the temptation to open it to see. :wink:

I've also heard the early Australian pressings (through Festival records) are unedited too but I can't confirm that.

I can confirm that the SITC is also on the Festival Label CD. I own it.

Back
Top Bottom