U2 poster signed by all in the band - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Still Haven't Found What You're Looking For? > All I Want Is U2
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
Babyface

Local Time: 04:55 PM
U2 poster signed by all in the band

Hi all,

Firstly I would just like to say that i am a huge U2 fan, love the band!!

In 1998 U2 toured Australia on the PopMart tour. I was lucky enough to get a limited edition tour poster. I was then luvky enough to get the tip off of when U2 were arriving at the airport and went to meet them. I would like to say that it was an amazing experience. As i have read from many posters the guys did not let me down. they were friendly, cool and easygoing and spent about half an hour taking photos with fans and signing stuff.

All 4 members signed the poster i had and i was thrilled. It is a prized pocession!

Anyway, tough times (which I won't go into) call for tough measures! I am thinking about selling it but not sure what it would be worth...anyone have any ideas? Also where might be a good place to actually sell it.

my heart breaks on this one!!!

BTW. I also have 2 Zoo Ecus...money that burst from the stage during Bullet the Bly Sky at the MCG Zoo V concert. As I have 2 of these (very cool!!!) I may be willing to part with one...

If only i could have found a corbflake that looked like the Virgin Mary all my problems would disappear!!! But not so far...

Look forward to your feedback on this....

Cheers,

E

uv-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:11 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:55 AM
UV-E....don't sell your poster! I'm sorry that you are having tough times but don't sell something that has sentimental value to you like that...you'll regret it! I hope things get better for you.

starsgoblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:15 PM   #3
Babyface

Hey Stars...I know what you mean. I guess i am in a position where i have little choice...i am still thinking about it...but thanks for your kind thoughts. Another thing I love about U2 are the fans! So humantarian and kind thinking...! Appreciate your sentiment...

just trying to get an idea of value...which would need to be significant.

What I can say is that it was so great to meet them, a lifelong dream fulfilled! I always said to everyone (who know how big a fan I am!) that I would meet the guys and I did. Maybe it just means that I need to meet them again!!
Old 12-08-2004, 05:23 PM   #4
New Yorker

I agree with starrs, don't sell it. You have no proof it is an original and I don't know if you'd get enough for it that would get you out of any situation that your in.

I have a signed album that I just got and I could have purchased items on E-bay a million times with the claim that it is their signatures but it is getting the signature yourself and seeing them sign that is what makes this a prize possesion. It may not be that way for someone else.

Whatever your situation, you'll probably won't get so much for the poster that your situation will be fixed. Keep your poster and your memory.
youtwohearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
New Yorker

I would look at e-bay for an idea if you really want to sell it. I think it will help you make up your mind.

Good luck
youtwohearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 05:36 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

This info I got from the Collector's FAQ on atu2.com

"The value of any collectible item is determined by supply and demand or desirability. Typically you can get a full set of U2 autographs in the range of $100-$200 on a common item such as a CD or LP. If the sigs. are on a rare single or something, the value of the piece should be taken into consideration."

Now this doesn't factor in the fact that collector's can be willing to pay more for items because the value of any collectible item, is entirely determined by the individual who owns the item, or the individual who wishes to own the item. But that being said...I don't know if this would really help you get out of your financial situation.

For the Zoo money...I've seen beggining bids on Ebay ranging from 6-12 bucks.....
Old 12-09-2004, 08:35 AM   #7
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 12:55 PM

Don't sell it!

When I get down on my luck, it's my music memorabilia that always makes me smile. Some things are more precious than money.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

maybe it isnt as popular as what every body else is saying, but are you still willing to part with a Zoo Dollar?
uwwedoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:44 PM   #9
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

please don't sell these things. your money problems will get better and i guarantee you'll spend two or three times your original amount getting this stuff back. especially the poster...you'll probably not find the one you had. if you have to look for things to sell because you are on really tough times, then consider burning your cds onto your computer then selling those or something, but not memorabilia!
Old 12-11-2004, 08:57 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by uwwedoogie
maybe it isnt as popular as what every body else is saying, but are you still willing to part with a Zoo Dollar?
ive gotten over my greedyness, dont sell ur things
uwwedoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 07:11 PM   #11
Babyface

Thanks guys, in the light of all your posts I have decised not to sell the poster. In fact I have decided to get it reframed with the zoo ecus along side it! Memories are something that we all need to hang on to and reading all the responses I have to say that you guys probably saved me from something I would regret later...

Thanks all!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:19 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

I'm very glad to hear you've changed your mind!!

Old 12-13-2004, 03:21 AM   #13
Refugee

Local Time: 04:55 AM
Reading this thread just now was like reading a short story, full of hope and friends etc, very surreal, very nice, what a great place this can be!!

kiwilad is offline   Reply With Quote