U2 Bootlegs Audio and DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gonna Run 2 U

New Yorker
Can anyone tell me of a trustworthy source to order either CD's are bootleg DVD's for some unreleased gigs?

I was interested in getting some of the indoor zoo tv gigs and some other rarities either on audio/video or both.

Thanks.

I remember Rolling Stones Boots had a U2 section as I got an audio of Vertigo in Montreal for friends who were at it. Wish I could be of more help

U2start is fantastic. U2torrents.com isn't that bad either, though you'd probably need to leave your torrents up for a bit so they don't kick you off! :wink:

My only criticism of U2start and U2torrents is that the quality varies a LOT. Audio is more reliable than the video. Sometimes you get these handheld audience recordings that are hardly watchable and the camera never moves from Bono's face except for to jiggle at the ceiling...but you can get some great stuff that way!

I go to U2Start for audio and U2Torrents for video. Quality does indeed vary a lot, but what else would you expect out of an encyclopedic collection of 35 years worth of bootlegs? There are plenty of gems out there.

Does anybody else use the u2hub/u2gamehub? I think the u2hub isn't up anymore but the u2gamehub mirror is still up and it's my primary source for u2 audio bootlegs.

I'd use U2T or Dime as well

must admit I'm a tad confused why you'd want to pay for these type of recordings though

That's true. People here or on any of those forums can guide you to the gems. It is a bit of a pain though to figure out all of the programs you need and steps to take to get from A to B. That's one reason to pay- if you just want a disc to put in the car and don't want to mess with Utorrents, extraction, conversion of the flacs to be able to put them on your mp3 players, organizing the archive (I know mine at least gets out of hand.) It does take a little time and energy to figure it out if you're new to it.

It's totally worth it to take the time to figure it out. It can be frustrating, but there are good FAQs on U2Torrents to help guide you through it.

Anyone ever purchesed from maximumsound.org?

Legit? Good quality?

To answer the question, no, I have not purchased anything from there. Looking it over though, it looks like what you are paying for is cover art. All that material can be found for free.

If there is something specific you are looking for, just send me a PM, I will usually help people out if they don't want to or don't know how to download them, I can always do a blanks and postage (B&P) for you.

"Bootleg" sales should be discouraged. :wave:

To answer the question, no, I have not purchased anything from there. Looking it over though, it looks like what you are paying for is cover art. All that material can be found for free.

If there is something specific you are looking for, just send me a PM, I will usually help people out if they don't want to or don't know how to download them, I can always do a blanks and postage (B&P) for you.

"Bootleg" sales should be discouraged. :wave:

Agree. Don't feed the sharks, they eat the sharing spirit. There are plenty of FREE alternatives online to get live shows.

Does anybody else use the u2hub/u2gamehub? I think the u2hub isn't up anymore but the u2gamehub mirror is still up and it's my primary source for u2 audio bootlegs.

PM me and I can direct you to the peeps you need to reach about the U2HUB. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom