U2-3 Ireland CBS Red Label 7"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pauldoherty

Babyface
Hi All,
Does anyone have any idea how much I can expect to pay for the U2-3 Ireland CBS red label 7" or the Irish singles collector pack (7") in full. I am about to buy the above from a collector and I am afraid to get ripped off.

Thanks

Hi there, that is my prized possession in my collection. I paid ?20 for mine at a record fair. To me that was a steal, I have heard of it going for more than that but I couldn't tell you a figure on that. I don't think the guy that sold me it knew exactly what he had.

Lo-fi, you got a deal. I've seen U23 go on Ebay for upwards of $100.00.

I have never seen the Irish pack for sale anywhere.

it all depends on which version you get. the original numbered one will be big bucks cuz those are really rare. the later pressings (not numbered) are less rare. i got a 4 pack of early U2 singles, including U2 three, for $100. it had that, i will follow, 11 o'clock, and new year's day.

I've got a version I did not pay so much (less than 15?) but it is not the original cover. Mine is just a black cover with a hole at the center that let appear the record label itself (I do not know if I am explicit...:eyebrow: )

chtiman said:
I've got a version I did not pay so much (less than 15?) but it is not the original cover. Mine is just a black cover with a hole at the center that let appear the record label itself (I do not know if I am explicit...:eyebrow: )
This is what is printed on the record label:

U2 3 CBS 12-7951
(P)1979 CBS Records Ltd
exclusive for UK and Eire
Record mfd in Irelnad

(I did not make a mistake, it is really printed "Irelnad")

Your opinion?

KhanadaRhodes said:
it all depends on which version you get. the original numbered one will be big bucks cuz those are really rare. the later pressings (not numbered) are less rare. i got a 4 pack of early U2 singles, including U2 three, for $100. it had that, i will follow, 11 o'clock, and new year's day.

You paid $100 for a 4 pack with "New Year's Day" in it instead of the original "Another Day" single. That seems high. I bought that pack with "Another Day" in it back in 1984 for about $12...wonder what's it's worth now? Not that I want to sell it of course.

atikicat said:
You paid $100 for a 4 pack with "New Year's Day" in it instead of the original "Another Day" single. That seems high. I bought that pack with "Another Day" in it back in 1984 for about $12...wonder what's it's worth now? Not that I want to sell it of course.
it was back in the day when i had money to throw around. i was on ebay (this was back in 98) and i saw it and thought "ooh i want this...now!" so i bought it. :D

pauldoherty said:
Hi All,
Does anyone have any idea how much I can expect to pay for the U2-3 Ireland CBS red label 7" or the Irish singles collector pack (7") in full. I am about to buy the above from a collector and I am afraid to get ripped off.

Thanks

Check here:

@U2 Collectors

Back
Top Bottom