U@/Joshua Tree Plate signed by Anton Corbihn x 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparky1358

Babyface
Hello all....

I need help placing a value for sale on an item I have. I actually have two of the same item bought quite some time back.

I have two plate signed(by Anton Corbijn) of U2/Joshua Tree.....The version I have is from a limnited edition of 9,800. Proiduced in 1990

u286zabriskie1.jpg

its the picture above and it measures 32"x24" if my easurements are correct(using a small handheld ruler*LOL*)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was going to list them on ebay but wanted a better idea before doing so........I dont want to take adbvantage of anyone but I also dont want to be taken advantage of. Just want a fair price for them. Medical issues force sale to raise money

My friend and I each have a copy of the same thing. We each paid $100 for it from the same seller on ebay, then we paid an additional $80 for custom framing at a local framer (glare-free glass, etc.).

The plate-signed copy is not the most rare. From another site:

There is a hand-signed edition of 200 which are hand-signed and numbered (1/200 to 200/200). There are 20 hand-signed artists proof prints that are signed and numbered (AP 1/20 to AP 20/20). There are 25 hand-signed Hors de Commerce (H.C.) prints signed and numbered (H.C. 1/25 to 25/25) and allocated to the artist (Anton Corbijn).

I have never seen any of these other versions for sale. In fact, our copy is pretty damn rare, being a print of only 9,800. And we have 3 of them! :wink:

It's one of my most prized U2 items---perhaps my favorite of all. I've seen a seller or two argue that it's worth about $200, but the only actual sales that I know of are those of me & my friend for $100. So, unfortunately, I can't say that it's worth more than $100 on the market, though you may certainly be able to get much more for it if you find the right buyer.

Back
Top Bottom