Trading SHN-sourced CDs ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Hello everyone,

I am sorry if this has been asked before (I tried searching the forum for an answer) or if it seems silly (please forgive me, I'm a newbie at trading), but here's my question:

If someone makes me an audio CD of a show and the source for that CD was SHN, can I then make a copy of that CD (burned disc to disc) and trade it with others, or is that considered bad?

I have bootlegs, but I can't say with certainty what the source for most of them were, so I don't want to trade those for fear of being blacklisted. The only original silver discs I have are the set of the Salome recordings.

I would just like to start trading for some non MP3-sourced CDs but all I could trade would be the Salome ones...unless those SHN-sourced CDs will be ok to trade once I get them?

I've looked at some of those SHN sites for information, but i'm unclear whether SHN-sourced CDs (or copies of them) are acceptable in the trading community?

Help!

Did my post make sense?!? :reject:

SHN sourced discs should be fine to trade. Usually I like to point people to the taper notes (all shns should come with a text file/taper notes) so they know exactly what the source is for the show. Since I have that info listed on my website, I don't send a hard copy to people unless they ask me for it.

U2Lynne said:
SHN sourced discs should be fine to trade. Usually I like to point people to the taper notes (all shns should come with a text file/taper notes) so they know exactly what the source is for the show. Since I have that info listed on my website, I don't send a hard copy to people unless they ask me for it.

OK, cool. :)

Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom