Trading problem advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rabnax

The Fly
I'm looking for some advice with a bad trade I've just had. I set up a 24 cd trade with this guy (I'm not mentionning any names at this point) with all of the usual trade rules stated beforehand. Anyway, after a long wait and several emails, I got the discs on Friday and 17 out of the 24 were MP3 sourced and had clicks between the tracks.

Even if the guy offers to replace the cds, I don't reall want anything else from his list and, anyway, I've no guarantee that they won't be unusable again. Have any of you ever had a similar problem and what did you do about it?

Not really in that way, but if I get a show I don't enjoy so much in a trade, I usually trade it for something else later on in another trade...

Sometimes trading gives you piles of crap. Unfortunately, that's just how the game works. Still, the trader is obligated to follow through on specific conditions or rules of a trade. Make it clear with this person that you didn't like the trade, but if he's not willing to do anything about, you're stuck. Trading is an honor business, and naturally you're going to deal with unhonorable people. Sometimes this happens, but keep up the faith. Trading is a wonderful thing!

Last edited:
The only negative experiences I've had is I sent stuff to a few people who didn't send me anything in return. It happened twice and it wasn't anything more than a few CD's. It really pissed me off the first time but there wasn't anything I could do about it. After a few unanswered emails I just gave up. But I've also done a ton of trading and aside from those 2 times I have absolutely no complaints.

There's really not much you can do about it. It's not like it's ebay where you can get them involved to give you your money back if you got something that wasn't what was in the auction.

Like U2girl said she does, you could always use them in a trade down the road sometime.....

Sorry to say but I've never traded that many discs with a stranger I've never traded with before. I always limit it to 5 discs tops.

See what he does, put him as a bad trader if he won't fix the problem or send some blanks i guess. Next time think smaller and it won't be as big a deal.

Thanks for your replies. It's all been resolved amicably with the guy so there are no probs anymore.

Back
Top Bottom