Traders, how do you organize?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onebloodonelife

Blue Crack Addict
The title is pretty self-explanatory, but I'm wondering how traders organize their collections of bootlegs. My collection is too big to keep in a pile anymore, so any ideas are appreciated.

I have a CD "box" (probably what rockin edge means by a "spindle") where I keep my CDs and the few DVDs I have.

I label each of them with place/date (just year for DVDs)/and a "1" and "2" marks for disc sides. I also like to put them in chronological order: older tours first etc.

Thanks! I was thinking about either the CD spindle or a shoebox. I've got them all in chronological order already, it's just a matter of deciding what to do with them. I might try the spindle....I just have to find one first.

I went digging through my room a bit and found a couple empty spindles that I hadn't thrown away yet, so I put DVDs on one and CDs on another.

Spindles here, too. :yes: I probably listen to my bootlegs the least----I'll listen to a few shows "regularly," but not to most of them----and so they more or less hang out in my designated bootleg spindles. :D In fact, because I've got everything that I regularly listen to on my iPod, I pretty much look at my CDs as back-up--so I hardly even crack into those spindles unless I'm copying a show or two. :wink: :wink:

hehe....I like saying "spindles".....

So I guess I'm the first cd binder guy :)

Well, I've been putting my data dvd's of shows in shn/flac/ape in a big spindle, as I back them up. But I've got my dvd's in 2 large binders (208 count, 2nd isn't full), I've got 2 binders ful of "non-U2" audio boots, a binder of R.E.M. boots, and 2 binders full of U2 audio cdr's (the U2 audio isn't organized at all, though the original data files are). I'm not a big artwork guy, so the binders work for me...though I eventually want to have cases & art for the dvd's at least...I think a big rack of U2 dvd's organized by date with proper art would look cool :)

The compilation stuff I organize by title, concerts are filed chronologically.

Back
Top Bottom