The Fly Suit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

It's because you're honest and know how to articulate subtle daggers in words. Do I cry when you make fun of me for my liking of Arctic Monkeys? No. I laugh and decide I'll mention it again. Maybe we can go forward on the angle that if the tour forum'd been open we would have posted it there. Maybe we can get that forum unlocked.

Heh, thanks. See, that's the kind of attitude I have. I think it's fairly common down here, though. We make jokes at other people's expense. It's all in good humour, it's a sign you like someone.

I suppose there is some cultural difference though. I once went out to dinner with my mother, grandmother, and an American friend, who couldn't believe that I routinely made jokes at the expense of my mother and grandmother. From my perspective, something would be seriously wrong if I didn't mock them and they didn't mock me for humorous effect.

He called the "the next stage" thread good?? I mean, I participated in it cause I'm bored as fuck, just like i"ve posted fake names in the album name thread whenever I think of something actually funny/mocking, but for serious? Half of WTAHNN belongs in a forum called "your strange fantasies for U2's future" instead of a forum about what is actually coming.

Varitek said:
He called the "the next stage" thread good?? I mean, I participated in it cause I'm bored as fuck, just like i"ve posted fake names in the album name thread whenever I think of something actually funny/mocking, but for serious? Half of WTAHNN belongs in a forum called "your strange fantasies for U2's future" instead of a forum about what is actually coming.

Well fuck. I wasn't serious at all in that thread. A floating U2 stage and making sure they play Levitate at some point was the best I came up with. :shrug:

the tourist said:
mofo82's claiming to be gone forever now.

No, he just said it would be his last "post of substance". Maybe that means he's stooping to our level then? :yippie:

LemonMelon said:

No, he just said it would be his last "post of substance". Maybe that means he's stooping to our level then? :yippie:
Oh god I hope so! Then we can act all high and mighty on him and use the :tsk: smiley

BTW, LM, good to have you with us! This is much more fun than Lemonade Stand, isn't it? :up:

the tourist said:
BTW, LM, good to have you with us! This is much more fun than Lemonade Stand, isn't it? :up:

Oh, yes. Just trying my best to contribute.

Not a single mention of Radiohead tonight though. I find that a little odd. :uhoh:

the tourist said:

Well fuck. I wasn't serious at all in that thread. A floating U2 stage and making sure they play Levitate at some point was the best I came up with. :shrug:

I liked the tour on a train idea. Especially the part about how it would go under water to cross continents. I didn't read his post in that thread. Do you know why? Because about one sentence in I realized it was a serious response, and thus I didn't care.

How the hell can you propose setlists and tour concepts for an album you haven't heard? It's one thing to discuss what you'd like the album to sound like, what direction they should go in, etc. But please.

Where is everyone? This is the most boring thread in the last few days cuz everyone's on a downer. I DARE someone to post a "Post-Kunst After-Party" thread. Someone needs to make a mofo83 alter to do it with, though.

the tourist said:

And I suggested U2 should walk through the audience and have no stage.

I think this is appropriate:

EPIC PHAIL.

LemonMelon said:

Oh, yes. Just trying my best to contribute.

Not a single mention of Radiohead tonight though. I find that a little odd. :uhoh:

What the fuck is a radio-head?

the tourist said:
Where is everyone? This is the most boring thread in the last few days cuz everyone's on a downer. I DARE someone to post a "Post-Kunst After-Party" thread. Someone needs to make a mofo83 alter to do it with, though.

I might be enjoying the fall out more than the party

the tourist said:

That would be so funny.

I think things have slowed down because we're divided between so many bloody threads!

I will now judge the worth of every interferencer by whether they were offended or laughed at this. I appreciate those posting to say even if they fell for it it was hilarious.

Holy shit it's been 8 hours for me on here again...

Did anyone notice that mofo83 said Axver used to be "cool" in that one thread? Dang, that's low. :wink:

LemonMelon said:
Did anyone notice that mofo83 said Axver used to be "cool" in that one thread? Dang, that's low. :wink:

That IS low. I never was cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom