The Fly Suit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

I can find them on any given day (particularly weekends) by going to the local Wal-Mart at 8 PM. God only knows why they would go there.

Apparently they hang out around the entrance to Flinders Street Railway Station here in Melbourne, but I haven't noticed them. That said, I don't go past Flinders Strreet Station that much.

Also, I was just a little disturbed by the exorbitant size and sheer crappiness of Wal-Mart outlets.

coolian2 said:
Someone tell mofo82 to relax and go to bed

And to get over whatever issues he has with me. Not long ago, he suddenly came out with this post absolutely slamming me, and I barely even remember interacting with him. :shrug:

So, guys, do we agree on the wording of the apology and endorse it? I think it'd be a good idea to post it soon.

coolian2 said:

I'd make a bigger note of all of the things that made it obviously a prank, personally.
What else would you put in? I don't want to sound toooooo defensive, or mean, because we are trying to pacify people.

Axver, I'd say we post it in both places, and the thread should be called "sorry about kunstmuseum liechtenstein"

edit: no make that "retraction of.."

Reptile347 said:
I think this board is starting to get out of control.
With this and the obviously fake Tour Wiki posts is going to not only confuse but also anger people.
On most other boards if people post fake news or similar they are not allowed to continue.

The mods should do their job and at the very least edit the topic of the post and put "Spoof" or "Fake" in front of this.

Lucky for me I came in late and read the last page. MODs should get this forum back under control.

It gets more and more ridiculous.

Varitek said:

What else would you put in? I don't want to sound toooooo defensive, or mean, because we are trying to pacify people.

Axver, I'd say we post it in both places, and the thread should be called "sorry about kunstmuseum liechtenstein"

I'm just a bit sarcastic and can't believe how defensive everyone else is getting.

I'm happy with the first draft and presumably whatever the final copy will be too.

coolian2 said:

It gets more and more ridiculous.

The Internet seems to be made for people to over-react at everything.

Or maybe this is just what the US is like. I mean, it seems most of the pissed people are Yanks, and the US is the country that made a huge fuss over "Nipplegate".

Yeah but lest we take the fall because of the volume of these posts we need to post an apology stat. Axver, decide about u2vt or not and then stick it up there at the end of our thread and in a "retraction" thread.

Varitek said:

I agree with this.

Axver said:

The Internet seems to be made for people to over-react at everything.

Or maybe this is just what the US is like. I mean, it seems most of the pissed people are Yanks, and the US is the country that made a huge fuss over "Nipplegate".

Yes, on the whole Americans do not have the sense of humor that others have. That is why I prefer hanigng out with non-Americans, among other reasons.

Varitek said:
Also, Axver started the thread but wasn't putting it on U2VT.

I'll change this to "Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news sites were silent", if that's OK.

coolian2 said:
I almost don't want to apologise because it should have been so obvious anyway, but if it helps smooth everything over i may as well join in.

I prefer not to get banned when info/mp3s from the new album are leaking out thank you very much.

not that i think we deserve to be banned, but this should help.

Woo, edit made this vanish into the ether.

Last edited:
COBL_04 said:
Woah. It's really no big deal. Everyone's having some fun. Chillax. You can't possibly get angry at Axver and co for making this thread. If some people didn't figure out it was fake, that's their problem. There is nothing wrong with this thread at all.

:love:

Varitek said:
We feel bad that this was believed for so long.

How about "... for so long and that some people have taken personal offence to what was intended to be an innocent joke"?

LemonMelon said:
Size 20 font FTW.

where was the size 20 font?

oh and if i dind't thank you before, thanks for what you said in the other forum. you might want to point out that you originally were super excited and within 1 minute realized it was a joke and thought it was funny?

Axver said:

How about "... for so long and that some people have taken personal offence to what was intended to be an innocent joke"?

yes. wanna post a nearly-final draft here so we can have a once-over?

the tourist said:
I just read the whole thing. Rob was hilarious.

true. you know, this whole thing was your idea and you might have gotten us all banned :madspit:

but it was a great joke

did you like the bits about mercy changes, the one/onte tree hill speech, and the bad speech?

also there were gems from the doubters - "liechtenstein isn't anywhere near water" and "why would anyone do a benefit for people who kill whales" :lmao:

Poor bastards. They all think they're just the most important thing since the orgasm.

Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken offence to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,
Axver, Varitek, coolian2

Who else is still around and signing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom