The Fly Suit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At home, Homer announces he is leaving

Homer: "Well, time to go to work."
Brain: "Little do they know I'm ducking out early to take the Duff Brewery tour."
Homer: "Roll in at nine, punch out at five, that's the plan."
Brain: "Heh, heh, heh. They don't suspect a thing."
[camera pans down to Homer's mouth, but he doesn't say anything]
Brain: "Well, off to the plant."
Homer: "Then to the Duff Brewery."
Brain: "Uh, oh. Did I say that or just think it?"
Homer: [panicky] "I've got to think of a lie fast!"
Marge: "Homer, are you going to the Duff Brewery?"
Homer: "Aah!" [Runs off]

The brain speaking must produce some of the best Simpsons moments

LemonMelon said:
You guys should grow a pair next time and throw in Viva Davidoff. If people were stupid enough to believe B'ohno is into whaling, they'll eat that up with a spoon.

Viva Davidoff --> The Unforgettable Fire. Forget MLK. They'll buy it.

coolian2 said:

It was the first song i put onto regular constant repeating.

I might do that with TUF tonight

I didn't do it until last fall for both of them. I don't even know what the first one for me is - maybe something off of bomb :tsk: or maybe Unchained Melody.

Axver said:

Now, I really like Electrical Storm, but how can you take that much "heavy as a truck"? :wink:

That's the thing that completely baffles me. Bono's best lyrics and worst lyrics often come hand in hand. There are some songs (Bad, ASOH, OTH, UF, Stay, Gone, SBS, WTSHNN yeah there are gems in there) that have no bad. But some of my absolute favorite lyrics are in ES, SC, WGRYWH - and these songs also have some of his most crap lyrics ever. Which all happen to be really bad analogies: heavy as a truck, empty as a vacant lot, bleeding like a cut.

Varitek said:

I didn't do it until last fall for both of them. I don't even know what the first one for me is - maybe something off of bomb :tsk: or maybe Unchained Melody.

Mine was Electrical Storm because i initially loved the Orbit mix. I still kinda do, but the original and BBC versions are amazing.

coolian2 said:

Mine was Electrical Storm because i initially loved the Orbit mix. I still kinda do, but the original and BBC versions are amazing.

My itunes playcount (which has been reset multiple times, but still):

Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix): 1
Electrical Storm: 54

Oh and I lied, UF is the most played. It's better than ES anyway. But if you added up album ASOH and WAIA ASOH ASOH would have it.

Varitek said:

That's the thing that completely baffles me. Bono's best lyrics and worst lyrics often come hand in hand. There are some songs (Bad, ASOH, OTH, UF, Stay, Gone, SBS, WTSHNN yeah there are gems in there) that have no bad. But some of my absolute favorite lyrics are in ES, SC, WGRYWH - and these songs also have some of his most crap lyrics ever. Which all happen to be really bad analogies: heavy as a truck, empty as a vacant lot, bleeding like a cut.

Oh, I love "empty as a vacant lot". NO SHIT, BONO. What appals me, though, is these days he seems to go for shit lyrics. Just compare Native Son to Vertigo or the alternate ABOY ot HTDAAB ABOY. WTF, seriously.

Axver said:

EPIC PHAIL.

Zucchini is of the devil.

I don't mind zucchini but I hated it the first time I had zucchini bread. Zucchini bread is an entirely different and delicious animal.

But I just realized as I bit into it that it was Banana bread anyway.

Axver said:

Watch out, that'll be the closer on the next tour now that you've said it.

The opener for the Andalusian Sheep Herding Festival 2009 really should be United Colours (snippet)/Babel/Zooropa (snippet).

Why was Mofo such a tip off? Did they ever swear they wouldn't play it again or is it just such a desired fan favorite that people knew it must be fantasy?

coolian2 said:

That's the first really elaborate prank i've pulled.

But what a debut.

Yeah, I've never really done any pranks myself. I felt bad at points. But KUNSTMUSEUM LIECHTENSTEIN?!

I know that if somebody else had made that thread, I would have said "bullshit" and not even clicked it. But then some people here actually had to sit down and think long and hard before realising that a Facebook account claiming to be Bono wasn't him. Way to be a n00b at life, people.

Varitek said:
Why was Mofo such a tip off? Did they ever swear they wouldn't play it again or is it just such a desired fan favorite that people knew it must be fantasy?

That surprised me, because U2 SOUNDCHECKED IT ON THE THIRD LEG. They soundchecked it in Toronto, they soundchecked it in Atlanta, Bono told a fan it was coming - but I just think the hype has made people suspicious.

Axver said:

Oh, I love "empty as a vacant lot". NO SHIT, BONO. What appals me, though, is these days he seems to go for shit lyrics. Just compare Native Son to Vertigo or the alternate ABOY ot HTDAAB ABOY. WTF, seriously.

Empty as a vacant lot is the worst of them all. Truck, cut, aren't literally redundant with the first part of the metaphor.

Axver said:

Yeah, I've never really done any pranks myself. I felt bad at points. But KUNSTMUSEUM LIECHTENSTEIN?!

I know that if somebody else had made that thread, I would have said "bullshit" and not even clicked it. But then some people here actually had to sit down and think long and hard before realising that a Facebook account claiming to be Bono wasn't him. Way to be a n00b at life, people.

Axver, you have compassion for those born poor, but no compassion for those born with poor intelligence.

:wink:

No spoken words said:
You're all going to hell.

I didn't think they needed another excuse.

And I'm sure fundies would tell you that Varitek was sent from Hell to ruin their pure world. Rock on Varitek. :up:

Varitek said:

Empty as a vacant lot is the worst of them all. Truck, cut, aren't literally redundant with the first part of the metaphor.

This is true. Of course, nothing screams EARNEST like a metaphor involving blood. This is why I've always had such a love/hate relationship with the "bleeding like a cut" line.

Axver said:

I felt bad early on when the setlist was plausible.

After Flower Child it was their own fucking fault

Varitek said:

Axver, you have compassion for those born poor, but no compassion for those born with poor intelligence.

:wink:

:lol: Quoted for truth. I don't suffer fools gladly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom