The DVD Collectors Box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmcmc

The Fly
Just noticed that this unofficial dvd was due for release today but after calling all the major stores i had no luck in getting a copy, even though it's listed on several sites (type the title into Google).

I usually avoid these unofficial releases as they are generally terrible but this one claims to include unseen performance and interview footage so it's got my attention.

Below is the description

U2 The DVD Collectors Box (2006 UK 2-disc Region 0 PAL DVD set which tells the incredible story of U2 and Bono in it's entirety via unseen performance and interview footage; interviews with close friends, music biz colleagues, former workmates and many close collaborators who have known the band through the years with Bonus Material including unpublished photos, digital interactive discography, interactive quiz and 'did you know' section, presented in picture slipcase!).

If anyone has managed to get a copy i would love to know what the unseen footage is.

Cheers

Unofficial release? So it's a bootleg? Maybe someone will torrent it someplace...I got a dvd off of usenet recently called "The U2 Phenomenon" that has some cool interveiw-type stuff and clips. I thought it was an official dvd but the quality of some of the performance clips has me wondering...if it was official you'd think they had access to the master films.

Yeah, based on the interviews etc in there I figured it was legit, I just found it odd that they wouldn't have better quality live clips. You'd think that it being on Amazon would mean it was official for sure but I was there once and saw some bootlegs (I forget which ones, audio boots).

Had a quick look at The Collectors Box DVD in HMV today.

Beware , it's a clever marketing con. The 2 dvds inside the box are 'Bono, God's favourite son' and 'An Unforgettable Journey' which are both available already as individual dvds.
I haven't watched these dvds but i believe they are really poor like most unofficial releases.
What is really annoying is that the cover gives no indication that this is what is inside the box, it gives you the impression that it's a brand new release,
My advice is not to buy and if you know anyone involved in producing these horrible unofficials please give them a hefty kick in the ........

neutral said:
Yeah isn't this a bootleg? :scratch:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2/002-9424122-3889600?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

So The U2 Phenomenon isn't very good, CT? The McKays here has a cheap used copy, probably not a good sign if someone has sold it already though. :der:

Neut it's actually pretty good...the vid quality on the clips I expected would be better but I like the interviews etc. It's on usenet but I can't remember which group...I want to say a.b.dvdrcore but if you go to mininova & search usenet for it you'll see it.

Back
Top Bottom