the brand new kick ass bono shades thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the silver part of the arms (before the plastic hits) goes through the whole arms.

All you really have to do is twist and pull, but be carefull that they won't add space in the lenses and make the arms screwed up. You don't have to replace for the pink plastic because the silver goes throught the whole arm. To replace them, I have never done, because I dont have the pink, but I bet you could go into a sunglass store and ask.

interesting - didnt think you could just pull the plastic piece off (thought there would be some adhesive or something)...anyone know how thick the metal is underneath the ear piece (i.e. is it still comfortable to wear without the ear pieces?)

Uh, what are these ???
58c4_12.jpg

jag0918 said:
Uh, what are these ???
58c4_12.jpg

these look like a pair i just saw in the narita airport in tokyo. i didnt know what they were when i saw them (because they were a different style number - 9294). the ones i saw had a very light brown (champagne) gradient lens color. they are very similar to the 9285s here - slight difference was the frame shape where it comes into the lens. rather than being completely rounded into the lens, the frame is a little more squarish before it rounds behind the head. not a huge difference, but i did notice it and thought the 9285 was a little more refined looking.

interestingly, after some research, i found out this asian model (9294) has the pink lens available but with black ear pieces instead of pink! would have gotten those if i saw them.

anyway, dont know if this is the same model as your picture but the lens color makes me think so!

As far as i know, the do not have the RED 9285 in japan. These are the "special" models made for the country since Prime Minister showed interest in RED Campaign and was widely open for it to arrive in Japan.

The shades are a little bit different from the 9285, especially at the bottom of the lenses, look way more squared than ours.

But Bono did not wear those, or i never saw him do so.

Yea, I think I like the 9285's better
I'd love to buy a pair of the discontinued giorgio armanis though

Moonwalker_13 said:
As far as i know, the do not have the RED 9285 in japan. These are the "special" models made for the country since Prime Minister showed interest in RED Campaign and was widely open for it to arrive in Japan.

The shades are a little bit different from the 9285, especially at the bottom of the lenses, look way more squared than ours.

But Bono did not wear those, or i never saw him do so.

interesting, the model number on the arms that i saw was definitely 9294

Yup, you were right.

I'd grap a pair of the light champagne one (9294 color GRK) if i could. But since i'm not going to japan this year, i think i won't be able to !

orange ones have yet to be in the market...what brown ones? the faded on the other page or the all dark brown...

nice cool shades:drool:

tpsglick2424 said:
orange ones have yet to be in the market...what brown ones? the faded on the other page or the all dark brown...

nice cool shades:drool:

it's ok, I get it, I was talking about the ones you told me. are they plain brown or kinda dark?

oh and, just to verify, the KJ1/95 that I want are not plain black, are they? which is the model # for the plain black?
-FCA

Last edited:
hey guys, badger here.
been awhile...have spoken to rob and juan...the small conversations i have had with these guys have helped
went thru and still going thru some medical stuff. havent been myself as of late but am trying to get back into the swing of things...
so heres my question, with the 9285 armanis, i own the faded grey...does anyone own the solid grey and how dark are they??

Nice seeing you badge:wave:

hope you get better:)

fca780 said:

it's ok, I get it, I was talking about the ones you told me. are they plain brown or kinda dark?

oh and, just to verify, the KJ1/95 that I want are not plain black, are they? which is the model # for the plain black?
-FCA

The brown ones are very dark brown, but if you look into the person's eyes who are wearing them, they are a little visable.

the KJI/95 are just plain, very dark, black

thanks a lot for the info, tpsglick2424.
Now I don't know which ones to buy because I wanted some grey ones (as in TSAC Video) but not plain black where my eyes cannot be seen. I'll consider now the green faded though are not to use with every piece of cloth I have, in contrast of the mysterious grey color code Bono uses in TSAC video.
-FCA

Ok Im gonna burn in hell for this one...yea yea...you can wear the shades,know every single model # & color # and somewhat look like the man. But when you attempt to be him, and try to sing like him...AND CANT. Lemme just say, I hope you have a day job.
Not all of you are gonna catch onto that one except for the few. But these french canadians have to think of something else better to do with their time. LOL
Sorry...I recently heard a U2 tribute band do elevation on their website...I didnt know whether to hold my ears or laugh my ass off!

:lol: jag0918, u made me laugh. though I don't know why are you talking about this in this random way :eyebrow: I mean, I don't want to look or be him, just want those shades, and I'm not singing like the guy or moving my hips (which I honeslty don't have) as he does to attract women, just a little confused with which color to choose. anwyay, that was if you were talking to me :)
btw...with all permission from gluey from the PLEBA forum (yes I was there searching for something, :no: not because I wanted to look to Bono's ass :yuck: or something with that nature) what are these cool black shades???
KIF_1167.jpg

naycookeu2 said:
Versace 2040. I didn't like them at first but the more I see Bono in them, the more I like them.

as for the ds0065 i posted before and you think are horrible...
i suppose that if you see them on bono face you'll like them a lot...
just because here a lot of people buy every shit b. puts on his face (sometimes me too), but they will say they like it...

i see these versace in a shop and imo they're nothing at all and very expensive (180euros) and i didn't bought them...because i don't buy glasses only for the reason that bono used them, i buy it if i like it.
obviusly bono often has some very cool shades that i have bought.

for the one who said that you don't have to buy every sunglasses bono wears, in fact in my post i didn't write you have to buy it, and that model was the only one not weared from bono in all the interference site that someone posted...
if this thread it's called "new bono shades or sort of..." i suppose people is interested in bono's sunglasses.
do you think that no one is interested in bono sunglasses here...after 3 thread and thousands of post from peopel who ask "what model is? what brand? who sells?"...

i just wanted to put something new. stop, nothing more.

naycookeu2 said:
Versace 2040. I didn't like them at first but the more I see Bono in them, the more I like them.

i see these versace in a shop and imo they're nothing at all and very expensive (180euros) and i didn't bought them...because i don't buy glasses only for the reason that bono used them, i buy it if i like it.

as for the ds0065 i posted before and you think are horrible...
i suppose that if you see them on bono face you'll like them a lot...
a lot of people here buy every shit b. puts on his face (sometimes me too) only because he has that model, even if they don't really like it, but they will never admit it.

obviusly bono often has some very cool shades that i have bought.

i just wanted to put something new that i like, not to talk only about old glasses (miklis, miumiu, 519, gigli...).
and i never write you have to buy it, as someone here thinks.

stop, nothing more.

Did not have to ake it personal. No offense in my post where i said "we do not have to buy only B-man sunglasses". That's because i agreed with you that i said this. I also look for sunglasses which are not bono's one, just because i like them.

Sorry if i pissed you off dude :sad:

maybe i took your words not in the way they mean to be.
in fact i firstly write the first post above and then reading it i recognize i wrote stupid things...and i apologize with everyone here that found my words stupid.
in the second post i try to write my opinion better, without creating polemics that we don't need.

i just find your reply a little aggressive for the the fact that i only post pics to share with everyone here, and as i said above i didn't really understand your reply.

i think we clarify the situation here, so sorry if you found my words aggressive or so (and i extend the scuses to everyone, even to naycookeu2)...

i was only trying to explain a concept and used the wrong words.
my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom