the brand new kick ass bono shades thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question 4 Moonwalker.... how do the Miu Miu's compare 2 the EA's in comfort, fit and weight?

Because I have 2 pairs of the EA's, and these fit so nice & snug, plus they're probably the lightest pair I've ever worn...

Miumiu's are very very light !
At least as light as the EA, maybe even lighter...

For the fit, notice that miumiu's are a little curved in the middle, and therefore it looks different than bvlgaris or EA look. When I first worn them i was kinda shocked, but in fact it looks great, really !

And as for the comfort, mine have the temple pretty far from the lenses, and therefore are lower than bvlgaris or EA on my nose, that's highly comfortable, and improve the fit drastically because they are kinda wide, not close to the face.
So a little tip if you want to buy them, do not wear them on the top of the nose, because your eyelashes may touch the lenses.

Hope i gave you enough info !

I have to admit they are one of my favorite shades ever !

recieved brown 549 - WOW!!!
These are mint, I love the new Bvlgari case too, it's the same design as the 519 case but much smaller. These are now my fav glasses after blue 519. I strongly recommend these shades, the lens looks violet in certian light - STUNNING!!!

549 are the classiest shades bono ever worn in my opinion.

I'm dreamin of his Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Top of the Pops yellowish color...and also the purples from CD:UK performances...
Would buy them immediately

I agree that these are the classiest shades, can't wait for the sun to come out so i can use them. I think I'm starting to like them more than my blue 519

I am actually starting to dislike the 519's now. They seem a little too small...and no offense to anyone, the blue 519's ones are starting to look a little too feminine to me.

Moonwalker_13 said:
549 are the classiest shades bono ever worn in my opinion.

I'm dreamin of his Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Top of the Pops yellowish color...and also the purples from CD:UK performances...
Would buy them immediately

4sunglass sells the green ones he wore at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...

LOL.

They're just the regular green 549 i used to have. Same green as my Solid green 519 on the 1st page.

He took the photos so they could look like Bono's one, but have absolutely nothing to do with the real.

But 4sunglass never said they were the ones from RRHOF, just used a photo of bono wearing the real ones, so we might think they're the real deal.

I tried to search on ebay but nothing... maybe on opticians website ???

Honnestly i have no idea where this can be found !

Well I got my pradas inthe mail today. They were $15 + $9 shipping!!! OOO YEAHHH
0576_1.jpg

jag0918, where did you get them at that price? please don't say eBay! :)

Guys I have a question to any EA 9285 owner, which color do you think is the best to use? Like I said it is cool that the pink ones are red actually, but how about the grey ones (KJ1/95), what's the difference between them and the other "blue' ones. Or are the green faded very noticeable. are those grey ones the ones Bono uses during TSAC music video? which one looks cooler? What I'm looking for is privacy and coolness in them...and I almost got my $100 to buy them..lol
-FCA

Last edited:
I have not worn the grey, pink, and black ones before but I have the green tint, blue and brown.

the blue are not the same blue as the Bvlgari 519, and my favorite out of all three is the green tint

i have or have tried the green fade, grey fade, blue, pink, dark brown/green...id say my favorite are the green fade (but in really intense sun the dark brown/green is probably more practical)....wish they would have made those damn pink ones with a neutral colored ear piece (yeah, i know i could duct tape them but that just seems silly to have to do)

you could just take off the pink arms, i would do that rather than put duct tape...

I have the brown ones which do go a kind of green in some light. The arms are a gold colour too, which look really classy.

tpsglick2424 said:
you could just take off the pink arms, i would do that rather than put duct tape...

tps - how easy is it to replace the arms? whats the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom