the brand new kick ass bono shades thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bulgari 610/611s

My suggestion: see if you can't try them on in person before buying...the lens is big..depending on the size of your head/shape of your face, you might not like them like you might think you would...ie they are alot bigger than the 519s...I can't remember which one but one is certainly bigger than the other and looks Fly-like...I ended up not liking either model so I traded up..lol..

pope glasses = black flys, I believe

i finally saw them-was on ebay.ie--i didnt follow directions!
they are 610-no way are they 611, i held my 611 up to the picture...let the bidding begin!!!ha!*there was a navey blue color of these available, i think this may be that color

I really wanna find the orange 519's, and some other colors in the 610's and 611's...they are soooooo cool especially I like my blue 519's...

and im pretty positive with the blue black flys..

I'll find them and send a like pretty fast of them..

gabrielvox said:
bulgari 610/611s

My suggestion: see if you can't try them on in person before buying...the lens is big..depending on the size of your head/shape of your face, you might not like them like you might think you would...ie they are alot bigger than the 519s...I can't remember which one but one is certainly bigger than the other and looks Fly-like...I ended up not liking either model so I traded up..lol..

pope glasses = black flys, I believe

And like I've said before, I've tried on the black flys in which the colors black and light blue...

I did not end up getting them because they were too big for my face, and the black flys are way bigger then the 519's...

But i did like the light blue ones...

btw, sorry for the 3 posts...just scattering around:wink:

tpsreports2424 said:

And like I've said before, I've tried on the black flys in which the colors black and light blue...

I did not end up getting them because they were too big for my face, and the black flys are way bigger then the 519's...

But i did like the light blue ones...

btw, sorry for the 3 posts...just scattering around:wink:

That link you have there are more in the Zoo TV Flys so to speak - but the brand name Black Flys -- which Bono wore a few years back are these:

Blue Black Flys:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BONO-AT-THE-WHI...20045331469QQcategoryZ433QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Clear Black Flys (which I have and like a lot - these are not too big on the face IMO):
http://cgi.ebay.com/BONO-THE-ACADEM...20045339176QQcategoryZ433QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Um actually I was meaning the Black Flys, not the Zoo TV bugs..

I just searched Bono sunglass and I thought the lenses of of the one I saw looks a lot like em, so I just thought they were the Black Flys

Quick question for the thread: I know everyone probably gets tired of these types of questions, but this looked like the place to ask.

I was curious what make/model of sunglasses Bono wore during the POPmart K-mart press conference as well as the video for Discotheque.

Somebody told me that they were Mikli style 3214, but those ended up being the kind he wore on stage during the POPmart shows, which isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Anyone familiar?

I had someone else ask on here earlier (probably why its the question of the day), then I just decided to go ahead and register myself, since this seems to be a pretty awesome forum.

Rich79 said:
Looks like Diesel is correct, but do you know a specific Model number or name?

I've often heard that they were Diesel but no one ever found the model number or found them on sale - I assume they are long out of production. Never even seen them pop up on ebay - however, just last week some replicas were up for bid and they fetched a good amount of money - for replicas. Seller said he bought them off a U2 fan site 10 or so years ago -- here was the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=140097018796&rd=1&rd=1

that diesel were old even when bono used it.
in fact if you have the oasis album defenitely maybe (or mornung glory, that is from 94, so 3 years before pop), in the booklet there's one of the band (none of the gallaghers) that wears them with black lenses.
so i assume that it's gonna be very hard to find it even on ebay.
hope it helps.

soundmercury said:

I've often heard that they were Diesel but no one ever found the model number or found them on sale - I assume they are long out of production. Never even seen them pop up on ebay - however, just last week some replicas were up for bid and they fetched a good amount of money - for replicas. Seller said he bought them off a U2 fan site 10 or so years ago -- here was the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=140097018796&rd=1&rd=1

You guys are going to laugh at me...I used to have a pair just like that with the screws and all and had no idea Bono wore them...I have a picture (not digital) of me wearing them outside a U2 show, not trying to look Bono or anything, they were just shades for me at that point....so I guess I don't know it all after all!

They fell off my face while waterskiing many many years ago..lol.

They look pretty common if you ask me, should be able to find them anywhere!

these are pretty badass:

yellow black flys

Last edited:
Well, thanks guys. I was actually one of the people who bid on those replicas the other day (and lost), so that's why I'm now trying to find anything like them that I can. I'm also aware of them probably being hard to track down these days.

black flys #5 in all colors are always good to have--yellow/blu/red great for going out at night:
IMG_1665.jpg

I received my orange/red giglis.

I like how they feel, kinda new for me since i only worn shield sunglasses or two rectangular lenses type sunglasses.

dsc00943oj6.jpg

(By jamiroquai i meant the singer, J-Kay lol)

Can't wait for the blue ones !

I also spotted some Gigli 181, same style, with smaller lenses, will try to get those too.

Moonwalker_13 said:
(By jamiroquai i meant the singer, J-Kay lol)

Can't wait for the blue ones !

I also spotted some Gigli 181, same style, with smaller lenses, will try to get those too.

Just a head's up, if you've never tried on the 181's, the lenses are VERY small compared to the 191's or 226's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom