The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the dark blue shades and I love them. as stated previously, excellent for bright sunny days so they are very effective shades and they look nice too. I like the fact that you can't see the eyes through the lens normally, but if there is enough light you can.

Somebody is selling his bono sunglass collection on eBay. Romeo Gigli, Cutler and Gross... Check them out!

2 miklis 3214 are on ebay...

item: 260254367758
0da4_1.JPG

item:260254363077
3ae4_1.JPG

Somebody is selling his bono sunglass collection on eBay. Romeo Gigli, Cutler and Gross... Check them out!

Mr L. or anyone else, just wanted to know your thoughts on the Cutlers as I just won some on eBay. Can't wait to get 'em!
:hyper:

No, not again! te guy took down the mikis from ebay. cant believe...

congrats for cutler!

Thanks. What are your impressions of the Cutler & Gross?

Sorry about the Mikli being pulled :doh:

Don't worry, they seem to be popping up more often now.....

Got the Cutler & Gross today....These are incredible shades. Probably my favorite out of all of 'em (even more so than 3214 and 519).

:drool:

Just won a pair of new 9285 Pink for $77 Buy-It-Now! Stoked........:drool:

Djeezus, Danondorf! Who was that?! :drool:

About to buy the 9294s from Richmun (finally) in time for my Italia summer holidays.
Still not sure about what colour to choose (faded dark red or the pink ones).

But I thought $118 was the best price available! :huh:

auctionseller3

Check out his store list, then click "sunglasses".

However I don't see Pink 9285 anymore, but it's worth asking!

Good luck!

So, do we know what kind of sunglasses Bono wore for the Nelson Mandela concert and that he's been wearing lately? They're not too shabby.

Yeah, those are the ones I posted here awhile back and not a lot of people here like 'em. Some folks here said they were "gay" and "girly" :doh:

One serious answer I got said they were by Dior, but I have no idea what model they are. I'd like to know as well, I think they look pretty good.

Wondering if those will 'stick' for a while or if he'll wear the 9285's a lot...or even better, something totally new and cool for the album release/cover.

Yeah, the chica in my life bought me the dark gray Armani's 4 my B-day... now I have that model in Rose, Fade Green, Brown and the dark gray.

I also own the champagne colored Miu Miu's....

Btw, Gabe fell in love w/those fade greenies when he saw me sporting them last December! LOL...

Yeah, the chica in my life bought me the dark gray Armani's 4 my B-day... now I have that model in Rose, Fade Green, Brown and the dark gray.

I also own the champagne colored Miu Miu's....

Btw, Gabe fell in love w/those fade greenies when he saw me sporting them last December! LOL...

Are these KJ1/95? If so, can you please post some pics?

Thanks in advance

Got some new shades....

Cutler & Gross (ZooTV)

Armani 9285 Pink :)drool:)

and................

Bvlgari 611 Green..........:drool::drool::drool::drool:

I'll post pics later if anyone is interested. Found the 611's for sale locally in The Recycler!

oh!!!
I love the 611´s!!!!!!!!
I ´d like to buy them in blue color
if someone wants to sell it please let me know!

Oh, the ones Bono wore during the Letterman show in 2001 !

Congrats on getting them !

Color code is 101/82 ? funny, my emerald 519 are 104/86, but looks almost the same . Can't see the line inside the arms so i guess yours are a transparent green ? apart from that, same green for lenses apparently... :hyper:

oh!!!
I love the 611´s!!!!!!!!
I ´d like to buy them in blue color
if someone wants to sell it please let me know!

Beautiful color, no question, but don't you find the 611's too big? Matter of taste, but I find them too big.

hi soundmercury!
Yes, it´s big, but I like them more than the 519´s. The 9285 fits me a little big but I would like to have the 611´s someday...

Oh, the ones Bono wore during the Letterman show in 2001 !

Congrats on getting them !

Color code is 101/82 ? funny, my emerald 519 are 104/86, but looks almost the same . Can't see the line inside the arms so i guess yours are a transparent green ? apart from that, same green for lenses apparently... :hyper:

Thank you Moonwalker.

These arms are black and the the Bvlgari clip is gold. The lenses appear lighter until you put 'em on, they look a dark green against my skin.

I love these way more than the 519 actually, the 611's have an incredible fit if you ask me.

I find I can wear these more casually because when I would wear the 519 blue all I would hear was "hey are those........BONO SUNGLASSES"?

:lol: These and the Cutlers are my favorite shades out of all of them.

hi soundmercury!
Yes, it´s big, but I like them more than the 519´s. The 9285 fits me a little big but I would like to have the 611´s someday...

I agree the 519 is starting to show their age a lil' bit, the 9285 is more modern looking; so for me it's

611>Cutler>9285>No.5>519

Here's a question for you B-shade fans:

Anybody have/tried on the Walk On shades? If so, what are your impressions?

Walk On shades -> You mean Romeo Gigli 191 ?

I used to have a pair of the orange/red ones, they are great shades, but the color was not really for me... I'd love to own them in green actually !!

BTW i love the fit of those glasses.

BTW 2 my "top shades" is :

1) Bvlgari 610
2) Bvlgari 519
3) R.Gigli 226
4) D&G 2138
5) Armani 9285
6) Miumiu 51C

And I'd put the Armani 1535 and Romeo Gigli 191 in 3rd place with Gigli 226 if I had them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom