That Dublin New Year's show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I've always always wanted a copy of the 1989 Live from Dublin New Year's Eve show. But not the bloodredsky version, but a REAL bootleg. See, I've never actually owned a bootleg before, and this is the only one I've ever wanted, so...:hmm:

Can anyone help me out? I can't trade, seeing as how I have nothing to trade you, but I will pay for it. Pretty please?

the_sweetest_thing@mail.com if you have any leads....:sexywink:

I thought I had a show from Dublin in '89 but it's not the dream it all up again speech. I think it's from Jan. 1, 1990. I can look to see if I have it. I'll get back to you.

Paying for it is ridiculous. It's 2 cd's and postage to mail cd's is cheap. I would hope no one would actually take you up on that offer.

arw9797 said:
I thought I had a show from Dublin in '89 but it's not the dream it all up again speech. I think it's from Jan. 1, 1990.

The dream-it-all-up-again speech is from Dec 30th. She wants the Dec 31/Jan 1 show in cd quality, not mp3, I believe. I can't tell if she's will to take a CDR or if she's looking for actual silver discs.

U2Lynne said:

The dream-it-all-up-again speech is from Dec 30th. She wants the Dec 31/Jan 1 show in cd quality, not mp3, I believe. I can't tell if she's will to take a CDR or if she's looking for actual silver discs.

I know when the speech is from.

I do own quite a few items that are not mp3 and I had to check it out my list first. The concert from '89 that I have happens to be an mp3 but I did not know that until I looked at my list.

arw9797 said:
I know when the speech is from.
The way you wrote your reply, it wasn't clear, and I've known a few people who search for the New Years concert thinking that is when the speech is and then they complain that they can't find it, so I was just clarifying.

Hmm....

You know what? I'm actually not sure what the difference is...Cd/CDR/mp3/silver disks...I'm kinda new at all this kinda stuff...:(

CDs - sometimes these are CDRs, sometimes not. Usually this term is used in a very generic sense to mean anything on a compact disc.

CDR - a CD made on your computer (or some sort of CD copier). When you buy CDs at the store to use to burn stuff from your computer, they are CDRs. In bootlegs terms though, it refers to an actual audio copy (from a master or copy of a master or silver disc), but some people use the term for mp3-converted-to-audio copies.

mp3 - lossy, but small sized, copies of an audio show. This is one of the formats available when you download from u2bloodredsky. They play on iTunes or WinAmp on your computer. When you want to play them on your home stereo or car stereo, they are converted to audio format and burned onto a CDR. However, since they originated as mp3s, they will not be as good of quality as the original master.

silver discs - what bootleggers make. They get a copy of a show (sometimes even mp3 versions) and make 'official' pressings on special looking discs and usually make a color pamphlet to go with it. These sell for upwards of $20 on ebay. These would be actual 'CDs' and copies of these would be 'CDRs'.

I hope that explains some of it.

It wasn't clear from your first post if you were looking for just some CD with the show (Sicy's site has mp3s and may have this show) or if you were looking for the silver discs (check ebay) or if you wanted a non-mp3 sourced CDR of the show.

Back
Top Bottom