Some questions about the 28/8/93 bootleg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
This is the only bootleg i ever listened too, courtesy of my brother buying it in a CD store in Austria.

The bootleg states 3 different locations in the tracklisting, but the FLOM webpage claims all the songs are from Dublin show.

Which is true?
confused.gif

Also, i am always surprised by Bono's voice on this. So low, and somehow cracked as if he had a cold or something.
Did he always sound like that on Zoo TV or is that one of his not-so-good times?

How do the people that actually record the music get inside the venue? I mean, i guess they need some pretty serious equipment for a perfect quality (and i don't suppose they get lucky very often by getting their hands on sound board recordings by U2's crew). Don't the security guards catch them?

Also, how do i tell from a bad sounding Bono from a Bono in shape listening to MP3s?

For example, i listened to a burned CD and it has some Bono from first night of Elevation in Miami, and Phoenix 3rd leg, and, there's Boston Bono. (you know, from the TV concert)

And IMO he sounded different on each of those shows. I couldn't decide which one of his performances was best.
What do you think? Of those 3, which is his best vocal in your opinion?

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 03-31-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom