Signed Elevation tour leather jacket for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timhumphrey

Babyface
I was thinking about selling my 5 foot by 4 feet fiberglass framed U2 Elevation tour jacket that is signed by all four members ( I had a friend who was roadie for them)

My question is I was wondering how rare the jacket is?

I haven't looked around hard for one but have done some quick searches and couldn't see my jacket anywhere. I have seen one leather jacket but not like mine. Sort of a basic leather jacket one and then the non leather one Bono wore on the tour. My leather jacket has zippers down the arms and ties that hang off the sleeves. It looks more bikerish I suppose.

If anyone is really interested you can email me for pics. Its the kind of memorabilia that is of quality of like a Hard Rock Cafe or something. Timhumphrey45@hotmail.com

I'm in need of some money

Inside the frame is a poster of the album All you can't leave behind background. Jacket in middle the outside it are a 45 jacket of two hearts beat as one and the cardboard folding cover of actung baby. At the bottom is the fold out vinyl inner pic of Joshua tree.

Its been framed ever since got the jacket a few months after the tour in 2001

Btw if anyone wants to direct me to any other place of interest I could post for sale please do. I would appreciate it.

Tim

I already have a few email inquiries. Thanks. I will get together some good pictures and post a link here later today.

Sorry for the multiple posts. I will clean this up into the first post.

cant edit my posts.

After looking closer my jacket is a little different. seams look different. the leather jacket i have looks like thicker leather like biker leather if or something. mine doesn';t look like it could fold as soft as that one in that sale there. also i cant tell if that jacket has the zippers and ties on sleeve...
autographs are placed a little different than mine but looks like same white pen marker type. so could be done and signed around the same time. logo patch looks similar. the autographs are aranged a little different. Bono adding a '2001' underneath his signature beneath the elevation tour patch

im really surprised i cant find my jacket online. nowhere to be found

strange. it cant be that rare i dont think

You can upload a photo at photobucket.com or tinypic.com. :) I've never heard of this so would be very interested in seeing pics!

I'm glad your jacket isn't exactly the same as the one on the site's. Most of the U2 stuff on there looks fake, looking at Edge's autograph. I find Bono's funny to.

(Nothing to do with your jacket of course! I just don't want to see any U2 fans getting ripped off by some stupid site.)

Not sure it is because o f today's earthquake here in DC but having a hard time sending my pics through to twitter. Everything seems to send finevbut nothing in twitpic. Even regular texts are being delayed.

....may have to try again soon.

Twitpic / timhumphrey45

Still having a problem with the cell service uploadingthe rest.
Have some of the closer pics coming.

If any pics look funny or the jacket looks wrinkled or strange it may be the reflection of the fiberglass to the camera.

Can anyone show me ones to compare signature with? I suppose I could get this looked at closer for authenticity of signatures. I definitely don't intend to mislead someone.

Hopefully though the point of this thread is to find out if anyone has seen my jacket before. I should have made that the topic. To gather info first. Still though would sell if anyones interested email me. Hope u can see clearly I'm the pics. Notice the seams of the jacket aren't as wide in the back and the leather is more poofy in the link I posted with similar leather jacket that has same elevation tour badge on it.

Twitpic / timhumphrey45

Hoping it working.

More pics up soon

Timhumphrey....I gotta say.... not to crap on your sale. But those autographs are a little suspect.

Edge's signature isn't like that at all. Bono doesn't make his N's like that. Adam's looks legit but barely. I don't think Larry's is legit either.

This facebook website is great for legit autographs.

Here is a picture of your jacket:

380369363.jpg

Here is an Edge autograph in 2001.

293335_2316517041003_1491796436_32732313_2846397_n.jpg

Here is an album signed in 2001. Bono wrote 2001 at the bottom of his signature here too!

198650_2274818718571_1491796436_32672977_2263554_n.jpg

Here's an Elevation concert book signed in 2001 as per Bono's signature.

163633_1759559637416_1491796436_31950467_5118669_n.jpg

I'd advise you to take your jacket picture and post it there...and see what the other critics have to say.

I hear what you are are saying about edge's signature on your topmpic you posted there but then again the one on my jacket does look similar to yours on your cover of the album there in your second pic. Going around and looking at signatures of the members it seems Edges is the most inconsistent of the members.

Bono's looks inconsistent sometimes as well as his looks lazy sometimes more than others times. Seems Larry Mullen has the most consistent but his line under his name varies too.

When I click on your link it says I dnt have sufficient access to see that page (the jacket link).

I also do not have a facebook page. Don't really want one either. But I guess i could sign up to post the jacket there to see what people say. Lol.

Did you post my jacket there? Is that where the oic is you posted?

Thanks for the info brotha.

The jacket link I posted are the pictures you first put of the jacket in your glass frame. I actually think Edge is the most consistent signature of the members. I've looked at a ton of autographed stuff over the years, including all the ones that I own personally and got personally. Bono get's lazy. Adam has many loops and curves. And Edge signs his stuff the same way.

Thanks for posting the pictures? Did you do that so people could see them? I don't have a facebook account to check that link.

I appreciate your opinion brothr and I'm definitely don't want want to mislead anyone if by some reason the signatures were not real. Thanks for insite. I am sure you are better judging them than I am.

However I doubt them to be fake seeing as who I got the jacket from (I worked in a few record studios that U2 worked in) And the rare jacket they are on as well. And I don't know who would try and fake signatures when it's not that difficult getting U2 to sign stuff. They are pretty cool with doing signatures.

I wonder If I had to ask the artists themselves or something. Lol

Hey man. I'm here to help. I posted your one picture from twitter so people could see them. I'm not here to bash anyone. There is an actual atu2.com site they used to have that showed how U2 autographs have morphed during the years.

Before meeting the band myself, I once bought a picture that was signed....and it was a total fake. I didn't know till several years later.

I hope you find the answer you are looking for. I'm not the expert. But, the thing to do is to look at other signatures from fans and judge for yourself.

Check this informative site.

http://www.u2eastlink.com/collector/firmas/indexe.php

I think the autographs seem pretty legit, but I must warn you that things in the hands of the roadies probably shouldn't be considered 100% legit unless you were with them! LOL Larry's ex-bodyguard has said that they used to sign the bands names to stuff for people to shut them up or get them out of their hair.

I've only seen that jacket come up on ebay once or twice, but then I wasn't ever looking for that kind of thing... Those were not sold as such (to my knowledge) and was probably only crew issued. Depends on what crew and what leg to determine the rare factor I would think.

I would also say that your box is amazing, but has little value to a collector of this kind of stuff. Good luck to you!!

Thanks Larry and brothr.

I am thinking similar. That this jacket was only given to people and possibly not sold. Its strange to not to be able to find one of these online or at least some info on it.

I couldn't find Any sale on eBay history.

What do you mean "little value to a collector of the kind of stuff"? Just curious. I am not a collector of autographs at all. :)

I'm a music collector :)

IMO creating music is best autograph an artists can do. If that makes sense.

IMO creating music is best autograph an artists can do. If that makes sense.

I fully agree....however, I've taken the time to inspect a ton of U2 autographs....and now can easily spot when a U2 autograph is suspect.

value of autographed jacket and the box being separate values, really... the box doesn't add value to the jacket, but holds value of it's own (that a jacket collector may not value)
Make sense? :sexywink:

value of autographed jacket and the box being separate values, really... the box doesn't add value to the jacket, but holds value of it's own (that a jacket collector may not value)
Make sense? :sexywink:

True...but if the jacket has poorly falsified autographs on it, then the jacket doesn't have true value ;)

There there to you. I feel sorry for your taste in music. Hopefully you like some decent music that's relevant these days. But I doubt it seeing how you are a bono groupie.

Hahahahaa

I think your so wrapped up in being one of the millions of people who feel they are friends with Bono that's it's squed your opinion on their music. Don't let it. I would have no problem telling Bono u2 are a bunch of has beens. Brian Eno, Flood and Daniel Lanois are the reasons why U2 were what they WERE.

Mr. Premium Gold "MEMBER"
Hahahaaa

U saw u2 14 times on their big wank to themselves 360 tour?!

What a waste of time.

Enjoy your forum and your over the hill band brova man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom