Second best brand of cdrs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I'm almost out of my Japanese Fuji discs, and CompUSA had them on clearance last time I was there, so I think they may not be carrying them any more.

So, if they aren't stocking them anymore, what's the second choice?

I've had good luck with TDK, and they go on sale quite a bit too.

martha said:
I'm almost out of my Japanese Fuji discs,

Do you have a Best Buy store near you? They sell the Japanese Fujifilms, and they'll have deals/rebates on them once a month or so it seems... you can get a 50pk spindle for $12.99 or less most times during a sale.

I've also seen the J-fujis at Meijers stores, but haven't been to one in a couple months so I don't know if they still stock them or not.

Re: Re: Second best brand of cdrs?

erised said:

Do you have a Best Buy store near you? They sell the Japanese Fujifilms, and they'll have deals/rebates on them once a month or so it seems... you can get a 50pk spindle for $12.99 or less most times during a sale.

Unfortunately not all Best Buy stores have the ones from just Japan. Anyone need about 40 CD's? :mad: I have a whole pack sitting in front of me from Tiawan that I bought at Best Buy and they do not work. I don't have the receipt anymore either but with their strict return policies they probably wouldn't let me exchange them anyway. Only about 1 or 2 of the discs worked but the rest of them came up with errors in the middle of burning. The last time I was at Best Buy I checked and I noticed a 30 pack was from either Tiawan/Japan and a 50 pack was from the other place. So I guess you just have to look before you buy.

I was desperate one night so I ran to Target about bought TDK. They work just fine.

Last edited:
I have had major problems with TDK's since they lowered their quality 2 years ago. Alot of tracking/scratching towards the end of the disc, especially if there is alot of music on the disc (IE close to the full 80 minutes).

Most Fuji 50 packs are from Japan, but as mentioned always check them to be sure. The large 100 packs are almost always from Taiwan, stay away from those. The other option is to simply order the Taiyo Yuden brand off the net. This is actually what the Fuji's are and they are top of the line.

Blue Room said:
The other option is to simply order the Taiyo Yuden brand off the net.

That's what I do. :yes: But if I forget to order them, it's nice to know I can run to BB and pick up some Fujis. :D

I did just buy some Ritek/Ridata CDRs to try... anyone ever have any problem with those?

Back
Top Bottom