Sarajevo Vcd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
it does exist, i know of people that have it but never respond to my e-mails...

so i was wondering if anyone where has a copy of this vcd?
i THINK its pro-shot

I know an audience recording is circulating among traders. I don't know anything about the quality... I'll do some research on this.

I have yet to hear of a Sarajevo video ... I have the audio. The show is probably the best and most significant U2 show ever --- so a video would be amazing.

Do you think we could get the DVD regardless of quality? I mean it's an amazing show. On the Best of 1990-2000 DVD they play a short clip of Even Better then the Real Thing when Bono says "Viva Sarajevo! Fuck the past. Kiss the future. Viva Sarajevo!"

I don't suppose that clip is sourced from this VCD we're seeking? Either way, I'm willing to set up a trade with whoever to get it ... I can spread it from there if need be.

if you get it let me know....
i think there could be 2 sources of it out there somewhere

an audience shot & pro shot one....as from what we've seen from the best of dvd

I'll email u2lynne and ask what trade she had planned to set up. It would definitely be a nice addition to any collection ... if it was an audience recorded video you may be right in saying it's not worth it. I can't imagine an audience video would turn out well for a show like Popmart. If the proshot one is in fact the one from the DVD then that's definitely worth having. But the DVD clip might be from one of the many recorded shows in the U2 vault that will never be released.

maybe we'll have to break into the u2 video valt and steal Sarajevo :yes: as well as slane!! :)

i do know some guy who has it, i just cant remember the site!!

mcranston said:
I'll email u2lynne and ask what trade she had planned to set up. It would definitely be a nice addition to any collection ... if it was an audience recorded video you may be right in saying it's not worth it. I can't imagine an audience video would turn out well for a show like Popmart. If the proshot one is in fact the one from the DVD then that's definitely worth having. But the DVD clip might be from one of the many recorded shows in the U2 vault that will never be released.

Every single U2 show has been filmed and recorded by their crew since Zoo TV (the entire 3rd leg of Joshua Tree was also filmed obviously). Every show has been audio recorded from the soundboard since the October tour. So YES, there is a pro shot of Sarajevo that exists. It will just never see the light of day.

ok, i'm gunna get 3 vcds from him....heres what i offed:

2001-05-25 Mixed With Aint Toronto Sweetest Thing audio
1993-11-27 - Sydney
2001-09-01 - Slane Castle DIVX (Very Good DVD Like)

and Asked For:
20.03.1992 Madison (New York) 2 CD
23.09.1997 Sarajevo 2 CD (Better Picture Quality)
01.09.2001 Slane 2 CD audience

just gota wait and see now

There's an audience version with the soundboard AUDIO mixed. So the picture is not-so-good amateur and the audio is taken of the FM broadcast. It's starting to circulate in the hubs... I'll get it in a few weeks...

Cheers,
Soulrock

Trading page: http://soulrock.u2.st

Last edited:
Some additional info: the version I am referring to is a 3CD version! So if you get the 2cd version I guess it won't have the soundboard audio...

I have the video your talking about, there are 2 amateurs in circulation : one of 2 CD, one of 3 CD
the 2 CD version has bad image, bad sound, the 3 CD version has good sound (even i can say very good) but the same image
annd it has a bonus, a video proshot, quite bad quality about Sarajevo, a TV report i believe, i don t remember exactly.

I traded this video because i had the audio, and it was full of emotion!! :yes:

I am OK for trade, I am only looking for the moment for the videos outtakes of rattle and hum, I don t know exactly how CD there are... 9 ?? I want the best quality!! :p

I have more than 50 VCD for the moment, have a look if you re interested in a trade, i would prefer trading with people from the european union, because of the cost of postage (sorry..I traded once with Canada, i will NEVER do that again!!!!! )

I m very interested in DVD..I can have a deal with someone..I burn the 3 VCD + I give 3 euro (or burn 3 other VCD of your choice in my list) and u burn me a DVD of the Verbatim brand I haven t ( I only have 10/10/2001 - coming soon - and Berlin 81 ) I would prefer a DVD! :) For a DVD I don t mind where u live!
it s a honest trade..and what s more it will cost a litle more for me to post! lol
please feel free to e mail me for more details :
ellenumae @ wanadoo.fr

here my trade list : (i can t put a URL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this forum is restricted!! :-(( )
see my profil, web site, then look at "trade"
or email me, I will give u the link! :wave:

i'm officaly getting the sarjevo vcd...plus the 30 Min Pro Shot Disc that comes with it...
i was told the video is OK...and the pro shot is really crap
but who cares!

its arrived!!!!

i've heard that it sucks....but really its not that bad....
audio is soundboard...its shot from adams side...but from a fair distance...
the camrea man does an exellent job, the video is wobbley at times...but its mostly still, the video goes really bad during "please", i'm sure thats the only track with bad video
there are 3 discs....the 3rd disc is pro-shot fottage from the tv broadcast...its only a couple of songs...and is really crappy quality

so all in all its not too bad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom