Sarajevo POPMart & 31.12.89 Point Depot VCD's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexvilagosh

War Child
Are there pro-shot recordings going around of these shows in full?

I would love these shows. I can do a B&P, but I can only send Australian dollars, or if you want I can do a super-blank trade or something, and I'll send you 3 or 4 times the amount of cd's needed.

Thanks.

hi bloodysunday...can you contact me via e-mail? maybe we can trade some U2 dvd...let's contact me ;-)

bye

The only VCD I have seen of the Sarajevo show is definitely audience shot (however, I have a three CD version and I've seen some other versions floating around).

As for the Point Depot show, I know it was broadcast on the radio all over Europe, but I don't think it was on TV. I think it would be pretty widely circulated on video by now if it had been and I don't recall seeing it on any trade lists I've looked at lately.

Sarajevo is definately audience shot mixed with SBD audio. The three cd version has an extra documentary (from Bosnian TV?) added to the regular show.

I'm sure there's a pro shot version somewhere (because U2 filmed all POPMART shows), but not in the regular trading world.

Why? The audience shot one is pretty good. The taper a couple of times goes out of focus, but it isn't a big deal. The main thing you miss are real close ups and multiple angles. But it is still nice.

Don't knock the audience shot videos until you've seen some. You'd be amazed at how good some of these people are. Same thing with audience taped audio shows. Some of the best Elevation shows were audience taped.

I agree with you Lynne...some elevation tour audience audio recordings are really fantastic

and also some JT/Lovetown audience from master are great. When U2 play indoor the sound is much better to create an audience recording.

Sorry, but after reading this thread I cannot help but saying that most of the posts here are abosutely retarded. I don't know if I've read dumber posts before......... GOOOOOOD LORD!!

Sarajevo VCD?
A proshot only having multiple angles and better closeups?

HA!

Buckman, I'm trying to figure out just what you find retarded about the responses here. The OP asked about some VCDs and we told him about them. How is that retarded?

Edit: Oh, nevermind, I just looked at your other two posts and saw that you just like to stir things up, not actually *add* any information to any posts.

Last edited:
interesting discussion. i suspect that buckman does a LOT more than "stir things up," and I think that buckman has contributed some good thuoghts (and more) on this general forum . for example, on another thread buckman said this: "If you want to trade good stuff you must be able to offer masters/DV clones or upgraded generations of proshots (Vegas 97, Edmonton 97, Foxboro 97, DC 92). It is pretty much as simple as that." this seems to be an often-forgotten point nowadays--everyone just seems to want things but does not want to work for them. sadly, it seems that the old art of trading is rapidly becoming obsolete, but then again, thankfully, there still are pockets of bona fide traders out there who understand things the concept of trading integrity.

You know, Rory and Buckman, I do understand that there is a whole other trading circle out there from the one I am in (in fact, there are several). And, I'm fine with it. I don't expect anything. I'm happy with everything I've got (thank you tapers! I'll say that over and over and I will wait patiently for them to 'release' stuff!). But, I don't think that was what this thread was about. Someone mentioned a pro-shot video, someone else said they would love to have it, someone sighed, and that was it.

Go ahead and have your elite trading circle, I don't think anyone cares.

I do find it interesting that you talk about it though. The other trade circles that I know of that don't trade in 'my' circle don't talk about it in public. I like that. They don't brag. Perhaps you shouldn't do so either.

hmm. not sure what you mean by "trading cirlce", not sure what the "it" you refer to means, and not sure who is "bragging"??? something must've struck a raw nerve somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom