SANTA BONO Card offer banned from Interference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santabono

Babyface
I can understand about not wanting commercial vendors selling their wares in the Forum here - I figured that applied to people selling Bootlegs and U2 CDs etc. My bad on that one, as I figured (and even stated in my most recent post) that this was simply something seasonal that the global U2 fan community might enjoy having access to over the next several weeks.

I will hereby discontinue using this Forum as a way to reach out to the community.

But just to note, it seems a little overboard to go in and EDIT my OWN SIGNATURE, which contained the link to the Santa Bono webpage. I see no point in contacting Joel Tanner (who oddly enough is a fine acquaintance of mine) on this one, regarding the changing of one's personal signature that is otherwise causing no offense to anybody.....it's a waste of my and his time over something so petty.

So, seeing as nobody here on this website will now be able to find the Link to the Santa Bono webpage anywhere on Interference (even while the ad banners on the mainpage seem to promote the sale of so much), I will simply state that you may find the link on most of the larger mailing lists if you do a recent search.

I'm sure some will now pass judgement on me/us regarding this, but no ill will is intended. And besides, the original thread has already served its purpose - thanks!!!

You are fairly new, and I havent seen you post much so to some it would appear as you were here soley to sell your items.

If you are here to also participate in the community, then you can put the link back in your sig, but please dont start threads to advertise it.

Santabono said:
I see no point in contacting Joel Tanner (who oddly enough is a fine acquaintance of mine) on this one, regarding the changing of one's personal signature that is otherwise causing no offense to anybody.....it's a waste of my and his time over something so petty.

Funny, anyone that knows me personally would run something like this by me first. It's commonly known that commecial ventures like this are not welcome.

Please email me.

Elvis said:

It's commonly known that commecial ventures like this are not welcome.

And with this, let's consider this issue closed. I was unaware of the sensitivity of "selling" things here, and did not really consider this as a commercial venture but rather more of an effort to 'spread the love' by sharing/offering up a pretty cute picture as the Hols approach - the form of a greeting card seemed logical, and they simply were not free to print up.

In hindsight, I suppose I should have asked to be added to the Links section instead.....maybe the banners advertising the sale of things (U2Mart etc) led me to believe that this was a rather harmless short-term offer, and I now stand corrected. Although I won't hang my head in shame, I will apologize that the issue strained a few nerves.

And now back to the regularly scheduled interference!

one final thing

I should not have even mentioned Joel's name above, as it unfairly made it sound as if he had any knowledge of or involvement with this offer before it was originally submitted and subsequently deleted. For the record, he clearly did not authorize, condone or approve of anything related to the Santa Bono offer. In lieu of an email, I apologize to you at this time, Joel!

:shame: :banghead:

Regardless, I asked you to email me, and I also sent an email to the account you have assocaited with your membership here, and you havent replied.

I'm curious to know who I 'know' in the Fresno area.

Santabono said:

.....maybe the banners advertising the sale of things (U2Mart etc) led me to believe that this was a rather harmless short-term offer, and I now stand corrected. Although I won't hang my head in shame, I will apologize that the issue strained a few nerves.

Premium Memberships, banner ads at the top, etc. directly support this site's operating expenses. The only other type of ventures we allow that involve the collection of $ being posted by members are charities, and fan gatherings - both must be 'sanctioned'.

I believe that this will be my final post on the subject.....but I just noticed the basic outline of the "All I Want Is U2" section, and the first line does indeed state: "This is where you can list any U2 collectibles to trade, buy, or sell." This must have been the reason why I thought it was Ok to post the Santa Bono Card offer, which obviously could constitute a U2-collectible; I didn't realize the offer would be construed as a commercial venture (.....maybe we should incorporate ourselves into a business entity! Just kidding, as we're just a handful of fans trying to spread the smiles of Santa Bono into the community this holiday season). Perhaps the outline should state "no selling of anything, anytime. Period.". Just a suggestion to avoid any future confusion.

Anyhow, the timing dictates that this offer will likely be over in a certain number of days; there are still some cards available, so if you were monitoring this offer from the sidelines, now would be the time to claim these last few cards!

Happy Hols to all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom