Rochester 1987, Syracuse 1987 footage questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckman

The Fly
I have a couple questions:

1) Does news cam proshot footage exist of Rochester 10/11/87? Is it out there? What is the quality?

2) Is the single-cam partial show of Syracuse 1987 from a news camera? Does the camera shoot from the pit for the first few songs before moving into a private box? Or, is it from an amateur cam in the audience.

Thanks!!

There is news camera footage of Rochester '87, of the first three songs (Streets, I will Follow, Trip).

Yes and Yes. My single cam version is first 3 songs pit, rest (not complete show) in a box, so I think that is the same footage.

This concert was shot using U2's camera's right? I've seen it mentioned on someone's collection page as being TV Broadcast quality.

Here are screen shots of the Syracuse Show that I found from some guy's collection page..

321.jpg

322.jpg

323.jpg

324.jpg

325.jpg

David, they are not referring to that version of Syracuse. Those screenshots are from the pro shot done by the crew with multiple cameras. There is another version shot in the pit by one camera and then later from one of the boxes at the stadium which is what this thread is partially about. Its a different version than what you are referring to.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom