Rhythm Records

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gas panic

War Child
Im going over to Dublin in August, id like to know if anyone here has visited this shop and what did you buy.
Im a massive U2 collector, did thay have any CBS issues of any of the back catalogue and do they stock any tshirts, posters and badges etc.
apart from this shop is there anymore shops that stock collectable U2 items i can visit..... thanks

I just came back from Dublin and went there. The shop has plenty tshirts, posters and badges. They sell u2 jean patches, mugs, clocks, mousemats and keyrings. Music-wise, they'll have just about anything you want. Loads of dvds and cds of live performances. They have all the old LPs up on the wall behind the counter, not sure whether they're for sale though!
Dont bankrupt yourself in there....I almost did!

There was a rumour on here last year that they had soundboards from the Vertigo Croke Park shows but nobody was ever able to confirm it. I guess it was untrue and falls under the "internet urban myth" banner as if they were sold they would have surfaced by now.

gas panic said:
Im going over to Dublin in August, id like to know if anyone here has visited this shop and what did you buy.
Im a massive U2 collector, did thay have any CBS issues of any of the back catalogue and do they stock any tshirts, posters and badges etc.
apart from this shop is there anymore shops that stock collectable U2 items i can visit..... thanks

There are sh*tloads of bootlegs in that shop - as well as tons of merchandise.

My first visit to them was in 97 when I went over for the Dublin PopMart first night concert - they had an audio and video tape of the show the NEXT day!!!
If I remember rightly, I had to wait till the Monday cos they were closed on the Sunday.

They were/are a bit on the expensive side though, but if they have what you want then what is money?

Fill yer boots ;)

I bought a small poster. I didn't see any boots that I knew I couldn't find through trading. Packing was nice but I just put everything on my iPod so I could care less what the cd looks like! I went for the concerts last June so the place was packed. It was too hard to really get a good look around at everything.

somehow I had the feeling that they rip ppl off.
I mean, the shop is only a few hundred meters away from the Clarence and yet they sell signed piccies for a shitload of money. They do know Bono & co dont like ppl making money out of these things.

Ditto for the boots they sell, its supposed to be ok, if you don't make a lot of money on them.

Some how I can't resist feeling Bono wouldn't agree with their politics, so I doubt if all the autographs are ligit. I think it might be quite easy these days to copy handwriting onto any piece of paper, so it shouldn't be a biggie to make it seem like a single is signed by the band.

Sorry, but I had to put in my 0.02.
Don't trust everything you see.
It's nice to have a look around though.

I only bought a key chain and a small poster of Beautiful day lyrics, signed by Bono. (these are plastified copies, not sold as originals)

Last edited:
WildHoney said:
I'll be going there on Monday or Tuesday:drool:

I love it in there, although my c/c does take a bashing :reject: :lol:

As we'll be there together later my credit card will get a bashing aswell. Oh and Brown Thomas. :drool:

To gas panic i just tend to buy smaller things. Keyrings and posters. You can get alot of the boots on the net. Theres loads of stuff to look at though. :drool: Or like someone else said if you don't mind oaying the extra go for it. :lol:

I try to avoid that shop (and any other recordstores for that matter), simply because it makes me want to spend too much money.

They are expensive yeah, but I must say that the bootlegs etc. that I did buy there (pre-internet, haha) have always been of a good quality. Have fun! :wink:

bonoishot said:

To gas panic i just tend to buy smaller things. Keyrings and posters.

I collect posters so that's great to hear they stock them, im not interested in signed items as i have the bands autographs which i got in person. im also on the look out for an original cbs copy of the U2 three ep on 7 inch.

Back
Top Bottom