Recommendations: great DVD boots...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I know there are probably tons of DVD boots out there of various live appearances...anyone have a recommendation for a high quality one? it could be from any tour. thanks :)

Agreed on both, and DC is available via torrent at easytree right now. Some others:

1981-11-04 Berlin
1983-05-30 Devore
1983-08-20 St. Goarhausen
1984-11-21 Dortmund
1987-10-09 Syracuse
1992-06-11 Stockholm (2-dvd version)
1997-12-03 Mexico City (complete version)
1998-02-11 Santiago (2-dvd version)
1998-03-21 Johannesburg (2-dvd version)
2000-12-05 Irving Plaza, NY
2001-10-10 Notre Dame

I know, kind of a long list...but represents most eras and all are excellent proshot quality. Good luck getting hold of them...none are particularly rare.

You owe it to yourself to get the three-cam 2DVD copy of 2001-11-18 Las Vegas. Best audience shot DVD I've ever seen.

CTU2fan said:
Agreed on both, and DC is available via torrent at easytree right now. Some others:

Wow, thanks for pointing out the DC is on easytree. I had yet to get that one. And it got tons of seeds, I'm downloading at 200kbs. Woo hoo!

:wave: thanks everyone. Axver, where can I get the one you mentioned (LV)? Never downloaded anything from easytree but I'll give it a shot...

Keep trying, many people say they're able to get a spot at Easytree if they just refresh the sign-up page for a bit. I think they open up new spots throughout the day.

ramblin rose I'm just watching that DVD, mine finished last night. It's great. :drool:

neutral said:
Keep trying, many people say they're able to get a spot at Easytree if they just refresh the sign-up page for a bit. I think they open up new spots throughout the day.

ramblin rose I'm just watching that DVD, mine finished last night. It's great. :drool:

I can't wait.:hyper: :hyper:

I assume your mutli-region DVD player is still working, or are you watching it on the PC?

ramblin rose said:

Let me know if you don't end up getting registered. I can burn you a copy and bring it to SD.
thanks! i'll keep trying and will let you know if i get a space...

Poportugal said:
Antwerp 06-08-2001
Barcelona 08-08-2001
Foxboro 02-07-1997
Dortmund 04-06-1992

Antwerp? Will have to look that one up...how is it compared to Barcelona? 1992-06-05 Dortmund is good too, but I think it's from 1st gen vhs, where 6-4 I believe is from the master.

Axver said:
You owe it to yourself to get the three-cam 2DVD copy of 2001-11-18 Las Vegas. Best audience shot DVD I've ever seen.

ahhh gosh...i love it when people say that about a show i filmed.....comments like this are why I do what i do

Another good one to get is the miami 12/2/01 2 cam, NY 10/27/01 is amazing and NY 6/17/01 altho incomplete is great too

CTU2fan said:

Antwerp? Will have to look that one up...how is it compared to Barcelona? 1992-06-05 Dortmund is good too, but I think it's from 1st gen vhs, where 6-4 I believe is from the master.

Antwerp aug 6th has a couple versions, the best is Christians version from over Larrys shoulder, i dont know if he ever transferred to master to DVD tho, last i knew he didnt want that traded but that was in 2002..lol

FAR better than barcelona

CTU2fan said:
1998-02-11 Santiago (2-dvd version)

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:bow: :shocked: somebody help me with this one, may B & P be accepted ? :) :up: ;) :laugh:

I´ve been looking for this version since 2001, I just have the 1 DVD version :sad: :(

ponkine@yahoo.com ;)

"Finalmente U2 en el fin del mundo
Gracias por esperarnos
Nosotros también los esperamos"

Bono - I Still Haven´t Found... - Santiago 11-02-1998

PS: I have Loreley 20-08-1983 DVD for trade :yes: as well

Last edited:
Yeah, what's the difference between the 1 DVD and 2 DVD Santiago set? I wasn't aware there was a 2 DVD set.

Here's the notes from the info file of the 2 DVD version that I have, I guess there's also another version. These are both still being seeded on Easytree for those who use that site.

I want to thanx Asterix9500 for giving me the chilean TVN master versin, & Zbych for authorising me to share the rare but simply perfect Betacam master version !!

Many versions of this dvd are circulating:

* the most current is the "Justin " version, coming from a 2nd generation vhs, with a not very good image but a great great sound quality ("virtually flawless", like Justin said, and he is right !!!) ! The broadcast is almost complete, only missing the end of "WTSHNN"(recently shared here I believe)

* a 1st generation (said master but I believe it's at best 1st gen) coming on 1 dvd, better image than Justin version, but still not perfect, brighntess & contrast are not optimal. The broadcast is complete

* a betacam master version (Betacam Master Tapes > DVD [Pre-Broadcast - "Please" from MasterTV VHS ] ) , coming on 2 dvd, with a very good sound and ... an absolutely perfect image quality ! this one is the best dvd bootleg I've ever seen but its problem is : it's really not complete ! "Please" is missing (even if a bad version from 1st gen (master ?? so a bad master .. ) is added, it's not a really good version) , and Introduction, end of WTSHHN, intermission between wowy & "Hold me thrill me" , and outroduction are missing too .... that's why I've worked on it ;)

* and an other 2 dvd version, coming from master Chilean TVN channel :
video : master recorded with betamax sony
audio : master recorded with minidisc JVC
are the original from TVN ( tvn = television nacional de chile)
edited and mixed by Rodrigo Masferrer and Oliver Serrano ;
not as good as the betacam master version , but it's the best COMPLETE version circulating, no one of the other is as long as this one !

That's why I've decided to work on this to make an ideal DVD with all these versions, to make 1 optimal version (until we have a Betacam master COMPLETE version to be released LOL)

Most of the video is coming from the betacam master version, except Introduction / Please / End of "Where the streets have no name" & beggining of Lemon / Intermission wowy-Hold me / end (the last seconds) which are coming from the Chilean TVN master. The difference is clear, so you'll see when the version changes, but I hope you won't be too denied ...

For the sound stream, i've used the one coming from 2nd gen vhs from Justin ( because after comparating them all, it's still the best one ) , except for the end of "WTSHHN" because it was not broadcasted on the Justin version, so I've added the sound of the chilean TVN master (we can hear a change of sound, but it's not really a problem). It's an ac3 source, don't be angry, it's the best you've ever heard ;-)

Last edited:
Been trying to get a spot on easytree for days--always at capacity :(

thanks for all the great recommendations, everyone. :)

neutral said:
Here's the notes from the info file of the 2 DVD version that I have, I guess there's also another version. These are both still being seeded on Easytree for those who use that site.

Thanks for your info Neutral :yes: I already knew all that info about the ultimate version for my Pop Mart concert so far. I´m signed on easytree.org as well, but the problem is my aging computer :sad:. I´m trying to get a B & P now.

Peace :wave:

Ponkine, I'm downloading the 2 disc version of Santiago at easytree right now. It'll probably take a few days. PM me and remind me and we can work something out.

Siempre ayudo cuando pueda. Yo pase dos anos en el sur (Temuco, Valdivia, Llanquihue y Coyhaique).

U2utah2U said:
Ponkine, I'm downloading the 2 disc version of Santiago at easytree right now. It'll probably take a few days. PM me and remind me and we can work something out.

Siempre ayudo cuando pueda. Yo pase dos anos en el sur (Temuco, Valdivia, Llanquihue y Coyhaique).
Ojalá pueda resultar amigo, ya que hasta ahora no he podido conseguir a alguien que me ayude con los DVD :sad: :(

El sur es lo que más me gusta de Chile, y he estado en todas esas ciudades que nombraste. Un abrazo :yes: :laugh: ;) :wave:

PS: I can´t send you a PM, so please drop me an e-mail to ponkine@yahoo.com

Thank you :wave:

Last edited:
I've learned about easytree from this thread and registered without any problems. Downloaded so far: ZOOTV: Dublin and Washington, POPMART: Santiago (2 DVD version). Would love to share with anyone interrested, but I'm in Moscow, Russia which is as far as the moon for the most of you, I guess ;)

I've heard a lot of positive things about 2 DVD version of ZOOTV Stockholm show, but it's not available through easytree. Does anyone now of a similar torrent sharing site where I could look for it? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom