Rattle In Dublin Bootleg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingofsorrow

Refugee
C.E.O. of the international men of leisure
anyone ever heard or this boot? i bumbled across it a few years on some web site( can't find site at all now). this boot isn't listed anywhere.
it is a soundboard recording of one of the dublin Lovetown shows. the sound quality is amazing, the same as the radio broadcast, but not as heavy on the bass. it has an amazing version of All I Want Is You, 11 o'clock Tick Tock and Out of Control.
FLOM has no listing of it and there is no trace of it on various search engine's. any ideas people?

Many times the people who mp3 the audio shows (the ones listed on FLOM) give them a new name. Also, sometimes people get a show that they haven't seen listed somewhere, and they give it their own name. Or, when someone remasters a show, they often give it a new name and (hopefully) a different tracklisting (if it had 12 songs on d1 and 13 on d2, they would change it to 13 on d1 and 12 on d2 so it is easy to differentiate between the original and remastered versions).

All four of the Dublin shows were broadcast and have bootlegs floating around out there.

Just one other correction from what Lynne said. All 4 Dublin 89 shows were not broadcast. Only the New Years Eve show was broadcast. The other three recordings are direct boards that were leaked (rumor has it through Bono's throat doctors office) but they were and have never been broadcast. They are right off the soundboard.

Hmm, have you heard non mp3 sourced copies of the master recordings of the Dublin shows? Because there isnt any difference on the ones I have. They all sound like 12-30-89 except they dont have the problems on Bullet that 12-30-89 does. In fact, I think the broadcast show has the muddiest sound of all 4 (dont get me wrong though, it sounds great, this is just being highly critical).

i have copies of the dublin boots(non mp3), but the Rattle in Dublin boot sounds better. it doesn't have that faint reverb that is present on the other soundboard recordings, it pretty much sounds the same as the 1-1-90, except not as muddy. the instruments and vocals are clear.

Back
Top Bottom